News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] [GFX] Editing Samus' graphics

Started by X-tradyte, August 17, 2012, 11:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

I seem to have run into a little problem here. I've changed my my mind and decided to make the full arm of MZM instead of just the cannon, however, after saving and turning Varia on for a quickmet test, the arm still seems to be exactly the same as the original in Super Metroid. But when I look at my ROM, The arm is changed into the MZM one, but still displays ingame as the original.

If that's confusing, sorry, but I'll get images to show you what I mean. Is this a bug? Error? Or did I just not redo the arm in the right spot?

Black Falcon

[spoiler][/spoiler]
As you can see, there are multiple arm cannon sprites in the table that all look exactly the same.
You have to edit all of them in order to make it look right.
You'll notice other duplicate sprites, too.

X-tradyte

Ah. Yeah. I just figured that out, cause I had already done the Arm Cannon and overwrote those parts. I found out what I needed to do for the Body/Legs/Arms.

But where exactly would I go for the shoulder? I'll show you what I'm looking at.
[spoiler]
You'll see that I already edited parts of it, But I can't seem to find any shoulder pieces here or anywhere else, honestly. [/spoiler]

Quietus

There's no easy wat to edit any of the suit sprites.  I know somebody was working on something a while back, but I've seen nothing released yet.

On a general note, simply adjusting how many columns of tiles are displayed at a time can sometimes line things up a little better.  Try the obvious, like 8, 16, etc.  It's not great, but it might help a little.

Quote58

the somebody working on something you might be refering to is Damski, who was doing a whole respriting to blend the fusion style samus with the SM samus and adding things like a new arm cannon and shoulders and such. As I recall, it was going rather well.

Quietus

Nope.  I had a look, and it was Zu Zalem, with SMUSE. :^_^:

X-tradyte

So I eventually got the Arm cannon done in stand motion and diagonally. I'm looking at running animations, and that shoulder part, still.

I could get Damski to help, yes, he was doing that. He might be able to help locate the shoulder, because afaik he had edited it.

Still having a hard time with this, but it'll all work out. In the end, I might just make MZM Samus as a whole for patching. With Tilesets and Red Monkey's Ship, the Samus would be all that is needed to make a really similar to MZM hack.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i have some stuff i'm putting together that makes this less complex, but i don't plan on working on it for a couple of months.

X-tradyte

Hm...Well. It would be really nice if this was simpler. Or if anyone wanted to help me for that matter.That's really up to you on working on whatever you're working on though.