News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

My combo?

Started by samus11able, July 15, 2012, 03:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samus11able

I have played around with a rom, and made new suits, swapped items, and changed physics of the game. But the thing is, I used other people's ASM files and IPS patches. I don't know if at all I should post it. Or maybe I could make the IPS patch, and call it a combination hack? I made a tittle for it as well. [spoiler]Super Metroid Crash Confusion[/spoiler]

What should I do?

Zhs2

Hell if I know. If it's fun enough, maybe you could drop it here and let people give it a try. They'll let you know if it's good or bad. Your call.

Mr K

Wait what? You used everyone elses ips patches and asm.... And worked them in to one hack? Did you get permission from the creators to use their work?. I'm still not even sure what you mean.

Zero One

Quote from: chyrak on July 15, 2012, 09:06:05 PM
Wait what? You used everyone elses ips patches and asm.... And worked them in to one hack? Did you get permission from the creators to use their work?. I'm still not even sure what you mean.

He grabbed a bunch of IPS and ASM patches, most likely from the main site which implies he has permission to use them, then tweaked SM a little bit more with palette, physics and item changes.

Quote58

That should be fine as long as it isn't /only/ their patches and asm. Lots of hacks use other peoples asm, like Eris. Dman had lots of help for the asm, and his hack is still hailed as one of the best hacks out there.
If it's your hack, and you're just worried about using other peoples patches and asm from the main site/forums, then toss the hack up and we'll tell you what we think.

Mr K

OK i see :). Post the ips patch man

Qactis

Just make a zip/rar/7z archive of a folder containing the IPS patch, and a readme.txt, where you would give Credit to every person that posted tweaks/code you used.

samus11able

Thank you guys for your help!

samus11able

Nuuuu!!! It says it's too big!

passarbye

Quote from: samus11able on August 19, 2012, 11:04:11 PM
Nuuuu!!! It says it's too big!
then upload it to a file hosting site, and post the download link here.

Mr K