News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid New Zebes Version 2.0

Started by MATHGODpi, May 12, 2012, 11:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianfrombristol

OK, just picked this up again afetr some months off and I have one thing to say... "where the hell is the Gravity Suit?"  Other than that it's going OK ;)

D'oh, never mind it was staring me in the face  :pwuh:

ianfrombristol

OMG, what did you do to the Draygon boss battle :( I got to it with hardly any super missiles and I'm really struggling to put the ugly mutha down :(

MATHGODpi

Here ya go. :)

[spoiler=draygon fight]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgwtScbxLU[/spoiler]

ianfrombristol

Ah, I now see why I'm getting owned! I don't have the spazer and hence can't shoot Draygon's gooey white blobs fast enough to avoid getting picked up by the big green lump and getting violated by his tail.

MATHGODpi

[spoiler]Yeah the path to the spazer is available as soon as the gravity suit is acquired.[/spoiler]

messiahgov

What exactly is "SMNZ21.IPS". Is it v2.1 and if yes, what have been changed/fixed etc. ? Is it the final version? Do I need to patch v2.0 or is v2.1 stand alone (but its smaller than v2.0!)?

Some more informations on the attachment would be nice! ^^

MATHGODpi

I was chatting with jam about changes that he was willing to help me out with, so I could prepare version 2.1

The file size is smaller because he knew a way of shrinking the file size without altering the hack itself

I just put it there because there were some minor changes that he and I had already made, but I asked him about making further changes to the latest version. It's there so he could upload it. Then I didn't see the harm in leaving it there... I could take it down, but meh.

When 2.1 is ready, I'll release it more formally.

messiahgov

Ah thanks for the answer. I thought I missed something. ^^ Now it's clear, I leave it there and wait for a formally post about version 2.1. Thanks! =)

I don't know when v2.1 will be released, so is it okay if I start v2.0 now or should I wait a bit more to enjoy v2.1?

MATHGODpi

It's totally up to you, but I would recommend waiting for 2.1.

DonnyDonovan

I just got the speedbooster and springball.  Hint as to where I should go next?  Every route seems to require wave beam or powerbombs and I have neither.  I'm sure I'm missing something stupid.

Zhs2

Private messages for spoilers... hmmm... This is a new one.

Quietus

No, you don't understand.  You have to be sent the Power Missiles to advance. :oh:

MATHGODpi

lol just thought that people might be tempted to click in the spoiler tag anyway even though they didnt get to that part of the game yet.

but meh.

[spoiler]In all seriousness though, you actually need the super bombs! :nod:[/spoiler]

Quietus

But that's what spoiler tags are for! :^_^:

If people click on them before playing, it's their fault if things get spoiled.

DonnyDonovan

Thanks.  I figured that had to be the way but hadn't found the path through there.  I got what I needed.

Power Missile

Quote from: Quietus on October 02, 2012, 08:13:13 AM
No, you don't understand.  You have to be sent the Power Missiles to advance. :oh:
Eh?

Quietus

Have you advanced yet?  I placed numerous requests. :wink:

DonnyDonovan

The power missiles are crazy powerful in this game.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on October 04, 2012, 07:54:57 PM
The power missiles are crazy powerful in this game.
Are you playing easy version? In the regular version, they shouldn't be any more powerful than they are in the original game.

DonnyDonovan

I was being a smartass in response to the discussion above, sorry.  The super missiles are normally powered.  And yes, I'm a wimp and playing the easy version.  I'm generally not a fan of hard hacks.  It's a fun half-hack with an interesting new item order.  Well done.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on October 05, 2012, 10:13:25 AM
I was being a smartass in response to the discussion above, sorry.  The super missiles are normally powered.  And yes, I'm a wimp and playing the easy version.  I'm generally not a fan of hard hacks.  It's a fun half-hack with an interesting new item order.  Well done.
:yay: Thanks for playing it and I'm glad that you are enjoying it.

Corruptor

I ought play this coming weekend...your hack that is, I just hope that Phantoon isn't a 5-minute battle like before.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: Corruptor on October 23, 2012, 05:45:35 PM
I ought play this coming weekend...your hack that is, I just hope that Phantoon isn't a 5-minute battle like before.
Try the unfinished 2.1 ips posted in this thread. It is basically 2.0 with a few changes, including a Phantoon fight that you will probably prefer over the version in 2.0.