SMILEuser96's Game Making Topic (Last update: 27.7.2013)

Started by Smiley, March 26, 2012, 12:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Smiley

Quote from: Zhs2 on December 12, 2012, 08:38:31 PM
I recommend the alternate method of attack be throwing snowballs (if even a limited, restockable number of them.) :heheh:
You're the second person today to recommend snowballs, which I interpret as high demand. So...

They're still WIP, but all the essential functions (killing enemies and dealing with some hazards) are there. Aiming is hard, so better not throw them hastily.
They also look better in-game, what with spinning animation and sound.
Perhaps I'll even add some special snowballs which can create temporary platforms in lava...

Smiley

Minor update.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Just a new enemy.

Edit: added WASD+mouse control. You can change between it and the arrow keys as you please.

Smiley

Welcome to the extremely hi-res Tenre Tni!
...Well, the beginning of it, at least:
[spoiler]
You're going to have to fight your way through all the horrible creatures resting here, including but not limited to Nyats, Meems and Churrises.[/spoiler]

Smiley

Quadruple posting... I've never done that before.
It's been over half a year too :whoa:

Anyway, in case anybody cares, work on neither the bunny game or the penguin game has ceased. They are just going reeeeaaaallllly slow at the moment. It doesn't help that I have a third project going on too. But these three games will probably be the last ones I'll ever make in Game Maker, because I recently got my hands on Unity and I'm slowly but surely moving to that. After I finish (or abandon :razz:) these three projects, I will move to Unity for good. Until it's no longer good enough and I have to move to even better stuff. Gateway theory?

Third project? I have a bunny fighting game and a 3D penguin platforming thingy, but what's the third one? Oh yeah, the online pong thing... NOPE. Guess again!
Hint: it's a game where you're the owner of a baby food shop and you have to kill babies trying to steal your food*. It's a Bunny Invasion-style shooter thingy. Screenies, whether or not you care:
[spoiler=The first wave][/spoiler]
[spoiler=More first wave][/spoiler]
[spoiler=The first wave... in daytime][/spoiler]
[spoiler=The answer? Gun. And if that don't work - more gun][/spoiler]
[spoiler=More gun in the dark][/spoiler]
[spoiler=What's a stupid little shooter without stupid little secret weapons?][/spoiler]
[spoiler=You wouldn't shoot a hurt baby with deadly laser beam attacks...][/spoiler]
It's still in its early stages, but 50% of the weapons are fully implemented with the exception of some graphical stuff, the other 50% are being worked on, and the game already has a wide-ish variety of different babies. It's off to a good start.

*This may not refer to the full story of the game

Zhs2

I'm not going to lie, the 'secret' weapon looks really suggestive and inappropriate. Shame on you. :razz:

Otherwise, this looks like your generic tower defense interactive shooter. My suggestion is mo' HUD graphisms. You can never go wrong with mo' graphisms.

Smiley

Now that I look at it... it really does :lol: I may have to adjust it a bit more... just a little further down...

And yes, this is a generic "tower defense interactive shooter". I actually got this idea almost 5 years ago when a friend of mine didn't believe I can make games, but back then I lacked the knowledge and skill to make anything worthwhile.
As I said, this is still in it's early stages. All my HUDs start out as black boxes, and after everything HUD-related is done, it gets a graphical boost. The reason I'm posting about this already is that it's not going to be a very big game.