News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super metroid trailer! :P

Started by Lunaria, August 11, 2009, 12:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Not really hacking related so I might as well put it here! :3

Super Metroid Trailer

RealRed

You totally shoulda done something semi-TAS to show more stuff. I liked the idea, but running into missile doors getting stopped and such was a turn off. :(

PZ-powa

Quote from: Bloodsonic on August 11, 2009, 12:47:01 PM
You totally shoulda done something semi-TAS to show more stuff. I liked the idea, but running into missile doors getting stopped and such was a turn off. :(

* PZ-powa waits for requests ...

Um seriously, the trailer is a good idea, really, but you should disable "Show frame rate" and bloodsonic is right : TAS it FTW.

(In that case, i can do it :3)

Also, this video editing software is WIN too. What is it? I like the blur effect and the quality is not bad  :^_^: .

In add at this : I recommand you to Record SMV's with snes 9x then Record an uncompressed AVI (Loss less AVI is good too.), that will avoid all the game lags and the video quality will be better.  :icon_biggrin:

If you hate snes 9x or if you are a Zsnes fanboy (?) , you can use lame and mencoder to record avi files with the Zsnes video pack : videopack
Unzip the files on your zsnes directory. The files must look like that:

-Now open Zsnes and record your smv.

-Then you go there and select Xvid lossless (or any wanted encodage type.)

Now, select the number of the smv you want to encode and... START !

It'll look like this during the encodage. The game sound will restart when it's finish.

Good luck ^_^

Lunaria

what people see in trailer is what they should be able to do. Even though I could do many speed tricks and so on in this trailer I failed to see the point in it.
Even though it was mainly for training I did this, the trailer was directed at people who have not played super metroid. Not long time metroid fans.

Sure it's more fun for us to watch kick ass tricks and such. But gamers who have not played the game and see the trailer want to be able to do what's in the video. And learning all the tricks is not easy at the start. :P

PZ: I used sony vegas.