News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Old Hacks

Started by snipereighteen, November 17, 2011, 12:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

Well guys, I have a bunch of old hacks which I never finish so I'll just upload them here.
You may edit them and show me the edit. I'm actually working on a new SM project which is yet to be named. So I'll give updates on the new proj soon in another topic. You may need to fix some rooms if you feel to. To find out what you do when you get stuck, use smile :). I recommend you play them all.lol  :lol: Most are mini hacks. All are headered.

Bad Torizo
Block land (this was one of my greatest) (draygon's room freezes when he splodge attacks from the left)
Untitled1
Marshmallow
S18 REMAKE
Metroid hive (i was going to finish this but i stopped after a while)
A new mission
Phantoon
Maze of doom
Arena 7 S18 edit

Some hack screenies (not all)
Everyone loves screenies! [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

snipereighteen

I made all these about a year ago. I were rubbish at hacking Super Metroid.

Power Missile

By any chance, do you mind putting that .rar file as a .zip?   Otherwise, most of those screens are decent.

Zhs2

What's the matter with RAR? Any person using a compression tool worth anything (see: WinRAR, 7zip) can unzip it.

Quietus

Yup.

Power Missile: Open your compression program, and look in the options for 'file associations', or something like that.  You should be able to select which archive types you want the program to work with, and as Zhs2 said, most of them will do all of the major types.

Scyzer

Well, I believe Windows ships with no compression tools included, but it able to open .zip files by default, without any extra programs.
Having a program like Winrar or 7zip is useful, but a .zip just removes any hassle of having to download one just to open it.

Power Missile

Quote from: Scyzer on November 19, 2011, 01:08:10 AM
Well, I believe Windows ships with no compression tools included, but it able to open .zip files by default, without any extra programs.
Having a program like Winrar or 7zip is useful, but a .zip just removes any hassle of having to download one just to open it.
This.

I guess I'm being lazy, but the comp I am on belongs to my mother, and I don't want her to question me on whatever the hell I downloaded.

personitis

Well sniper, if you hit up IRC around 8pm EST and I'm not streaming something else, I could stream a hack or two. If it interests you that.

snipereighteen

ZIP, RAR, IT'S ALL LIES!!!!!!
I actually thought they were both same. O'well, ZIP it is. Gimme' a while.

Quietus

They ARE both the same - a type of file containing other, compressed files.  It's only because Power Missile doesn't have a compression program installed that he would prefer a .zip, as Windows can then deal with it. :^_^:

snipereighteen

Here.

TheAnonymousUser

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but S18 REMAKE doesn't work for me...
Unheadered: The game doesn't even start up.
Headered: Random tiles are positioned EVERYWHERE. (Bad ROM?)
I get this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

It's also possible that it was not fixed, as these are old, unfinished hacks.

TheAnonymousUser

@Quietus
Good point.
The hacks that did work were interesting, even though they are incomplete.

snipereighteen