News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

I think you won't be disappointed  :lol:

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on April 05, 2013, 04:39:25 AM
Play the PAL version. :^_^:
Well, yes. =) But EMERGENCY text is not translated.

Quote from: Cloud13 on April 05, 2013, 10:30:39 AM
I think you won't be disappointed  :lol:
^
Oh, yeah. Believe what he's said =)

Black Falcon

Quote from: JAM on April 05, 2013, 04:56:16 PM
But doesn't EMERGENCY actually mean NOTFALL, and not ACHTUNG? :/

JAM

Quote from: Black Falcon on April 05, 2013, 05:16:22 PM
Quote from: JAM on April 05, 2013, 04:56:16 PM
But doesn't EMERGENCY actually mean NOTFALL, and not ACHTUNG? :/
Yeah, maybe. Achtung just a first thing that comes in mind

Quote58

Power boom 0.5

power bombs, added a couple more things, still a ways to ago before they feel truly powerful though.

passarbye

Quote from: Shadow96 on April 05, 2013, 05:59:47 PM
power bombs, added a couple more things, still a ways to ago before they feel truly powerful though.
this is a good step forward, i always thought they felt a bit wimpy.

Quietus

For some random reason, I remembered this room that I built back in January 2009.  Don't get excited, as it's just Samus in the landing site. :heheh:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Awesome Quietus. Seriously I hope you can exploit it in a hack one day, we can have some great statues like it  :^_^:

Crashtour99

Making some progress on a thing I wasn't sure how to do because the further I delved into it the more complicated it got even though it seemed rather straight forward and simple.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_MDlTcgoI[/spoiler]

Not finished yet as I still have several things to add, as well as adjusting collision detection and stuffs.  But finally progress at last!  :cheers:

Black Falcon

Looks really cool.
Great job, crash!  :^_^:

What do you think about making Samus accelerate while sliding down?
Maybe after she reached certain speed, she can't hold on much longer and falls off.

Quietus

Hope you don't mind, Crash, but I may well hump you when it's done. :glomp:

Crashtour99

Down Quietus.  Don't make me get the water bottle again.

Quote from: Black Falcon on April 14, 2013, 09:09:01 AM
Looks really cool.
Great job, crash!  :^_^:

What do you think about making Samus accelerate while sliding down?
Maybe after she reached certain speed, she can't hold on much longer and falls off.

Probably wouldn't be too hard.  I set it up so the movement routines check a "wall slide" flag, then do some stuff based on that like constantly setting vertical speed to 1.  So I could just set it once and let gravity do it's work, but once she reaches a certain velocity disable the wall slide flag.  Also thinking of making different fx and sounds based on fx3 liquid type.  I can kinda see dust working for underwater (scraping silt off the walls while sliding down) but lava and acid are a bit different.  lol  Might also just disable sliding down when in liquids because of buoyancy effects.  Stuff to look into and play around with.

Szandor

That is some very cool work. An interesting idea would be to have a BTS which would disable/enable it (a la wall jump surface in Redesign). Or, if there was a way to make it work into puzzles, you could even have a wall slide item.

Just a couple random ideas.

Can't wait to see it in a hack sometime!

Damski

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 14, 2013, 03:49:39 AM
Making some progress on a thing I wasn't sure how to do because the further I delved into it the more complicated it got even though it seemed rather straight forward and simple.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_MDlTcgoI[/spoiler]

Not finished yet as I still have several things to add, as well as adjusting collision detection and stuffs.  But finally progress at last!  :cheers:

Crash you are too awesome. Brilliant work.

passarbye

this is really starting to look good, can't wait!
your ideas are nice btw.

SirAileron

That's such a wonderful addition, Crash. I can't say I know all too much about what's possible in hacking, but I did notice the issue with sliding down the bomb wall and the walls breaking. Is that something to do with the wall-jumping state being attached to the spinjump state? I imagine making a new pose state/value/whatever must be incredibly difficult, or drawn-out. Or both.

Crashtour99

Indeed.  Basically the "wall jump" pose isn't actually a pose at all, it's just a specific frame of animation during all spinjumps.  So when Samus is attached to the wall, technically she's still spinjumping.  With screw attack equipped the collisions detect that the bombable blocks should then break.  A bit of a strange quirk (that I could possibly fix) but I think it kinda works nifty like that.  I've basically finished up the complicated coding stuffs, now I just have to make it look pretty.

As an aside, working on this has given me many ideas on how to create a true and properly functioning spiderball (without needing things like special bts or some such).  The question then is should I make it?  I'd have no use for it in my own hack, and I'm pretty sure it'd take up a sizable chunk of freespace in $94.

Crashtour99

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 16, 2013, 02:57:56 AM
The question then is should I make it?  I'd have no use for it in my own hack, and I'm pretty sure it'd take up a sizable chunk of freespace in $94.

I said what the hell, why not.  lol

:awesome:
Still needs a lot of work, but progress is progress (with some interesting bugs thrown in).

stickyball

Quietus

That looks cool, Crashtour, but the one thing it didn't show is any form of movement while attached.  Is it something you're working on?  Or is it not what you ntended it for?

Lunaria

Sticky ball alone could be quite the upgrade I'd say; If you ever refine it into an upgrade than feel free to send a copy! :v

Crashtour99

It's still a WIP of course, but yeah, need to iron out a few bugs and add movement controls.  Main thing is though, IT STICKS TO SURFACES, INCLUDING SLOPES!  (which is harder to achieve than you might think)

Damski

Vismund Cygnus

Heh. Well, you might've noticed the amount of tips I've been asking for in the Engine Works, and if so it shouldn't surprise you that I'm working on something...
And the following room is not from it at all!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Rather, it's the landing site for an upcoming mini hack that is not going to be released any time soon, which I'm creating to brush up on a bunch of skills I'm not comfortable with yet. The working title is "Super Mochtroid"!
Think of it as SFI, only awful.  :wink: