News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Falcon

Gimme the GFX NAO!! Wanna make new enemy!!

Okay srsly now, I would really like to code an entirely new enemy with your awesome sprites! :yay:
Could be a boss or something. Just pm me if you're interested.

Damski

Quote from: Black Falcon on March 28, 2012, 03:00:41 PM
Gimme the GFX NAO!! Wanna make new enemy!!

Okay srsly now, I would really like to code an entirely new enemy with your awesome sprites! :yay:
Could be a boss or something. Just pm me if you're interested.

Thank you  :^_^: I will pm..

Newest update:

Its not done 99%  But almost.  Tails and head need some work.

JAM

Damski
You have an excellent art skill! I really wish to see the enemy like this in the game (remember of 16 colors limit, including transparent color).

Damski

Quote from: JAM on March 31, 2012, 10:01:10 PM
Damski
You have an excellent art skill! I really wish to see the enemy like this in the game (remember of 16 colors limit, including transparent color).

Ahh shit.. My monster had more than 16 colors.. I forgot 16 color limit damn.  :<_<:. but thank you anyway  :^_^:

JAM

Well, you still can use it in game (with 32 colors) but with limitations like "no more than 3 types of monsters in the room" and "must use palette indexes 0001 and 0002 for Zeta Metroid". Chozo statues and Torizos are using 2 palette rows. I don't sure what exactly should be written in the tilemap to do that.

Quote58

Hi there!

So now that I have a youtube account, showing tilesets shall be much easier.
Here's a previewish thing of something.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2FX5t_cpsg&context=C492b7ecADvjVQa1PpcFMrdKhI1llB8iFT_nVYHqAtTZhaK12VYL4=[/spoiler]
Stay tuned for a much better video coming soon.
:P

snarfblam

Lunaria

Looking good!

Though, when showing off graphics it is generally a better idea to go for higher res videos so you can see the details better.

Quote58

I'm just using snes9x to record the videos so idk how to get a better resolution.
Anyway, here's a better video showing the tileset in action:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTy9GdeT-ns&context=C492b7ecADvjVQa1PpcFMrdKhI1llB8iFT_nVYHqAtTZhaK12VYL4=[/spoiler]

Black Falcon

IMO this'd be more atmospheric with the Green Brinstar music played in background. :x
[/pointless complaining]

This tileset makes my Arboretum look like a small garden, lol.
Can't wait to see a bigger room built with this tileset! :awesome:

Damski

Quote58

Can't wait to see the zeta metroid animated.
Black Falcon, I tried GB music but it didn't fit at all. It was annoying because that's my second favourite track in the game.
Your arboretum tileset was actually part of the inspiration for this. I'll have a different tileset for the actual chozo ruins, where the elevator leads. But man, your arboretum is still one of the greatest use of super metroid tiles I've ever seen.
And maybe for rotw I'll have a nice large room with it.

passarbye

can't wait for the zeta, and i must say, that tileset is AWESOME shadow.

Damski

Run Samus Run! Lol but need little bit works. Whole Zeta animation Is not done 99%

Zhs2

This is still fucking amazing, no lie.

Damski

Quote from: Zhs2 on April 07, 2012, 03:14:19 PM
This is still fucking amazing, no lie.

:p Thank you.

You can test Zeta metroid sprite from here.. Im so lazy its not transparent. http://ubik.strefa.pl/?i=http%3A%2F%2Fi41.tinypic.com%2F2eb6esx.gif 

JAM

Damski
It's alive. ALIVE!
This is almost perfect. Perhaps, Zeta will looks more natural if he moves the arm (below the elbow part) a little bit more when running, not just the claws. It's just my opinion.

Black Falcon

Haha, awesome job, Crash!
It took two views for me to recognize that Missile ammunition gets reduced, lol.
I might have to do the same for the SMP Super Missile, so I hope you won't mind it being rather similar to what you did there.
Nicely done nevertheless!  :^_^:

Crashtour99

Thanks man.   :^_^:
Well, the beams using ammo wasn't very difficult.  But to get missiles/supers working like I wanted I had to completely rewrite the projectile spawning routine for them, which needless to say was a pain.  lol  I figure anyone who can pull it off has free reign to use it however they like.

Damski

Quote from: Crashtour99 on April 07, 2012, 10:35:46 PM
For those who may have not seen it on IRC.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbj8NbkkhVU[/spoiler]

Damn thats looks very nice! Good work Crash!

Damski

Quote from: JAM on April 08, 2012, 01:54:38 AM
Damski
It's alive. ALIVE!
This is almost perfect. Perhaps, Zeta will looks more natural if he moves the arm (below the elbow part) a little bit more when running, not just the claws. It's just my opinion.

Like a this?  :yay:

passarbye

Quote from: Damski on April 08, 2012, 01:54:03 PM
Quote from: JAM on April 08, 2012, 01:54:38 AM
Damski
It's alive. ALIVE!

Like a this?  :yay:

perfect.