News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

I love the room. It's very natural looking. But what ruins the great aesthetics is the silly aesthetics.
Those zig-zag pillars don't fit in this room, maybe another one within the same area theme.
Oh and I like the palettes too. Lush stuff.

JAM

I still working of my mixing beams patch. Slowly, from time to time when I have inspiration. And this is how this baby will looks like (only 1 direction is finished for now):

BlackSnow2211

Amazing work JAM, I've ALWAYS wanted to see that in the original :)

anyway just some new palette:

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

personitis

Crashtour99

:O_o:  Yeah, I'm really curious how Sadi did that...

Silver Skree

I suspect either level data or block-type changing PLMs/Enemies OR blocks that collide based on what edge you're on instead of what type the block is.

Alternatively, solid while morphed, air while unmorphed?

personitis

Quote from: Silver Skree on October 03, 2010, 10:33:33 PM
Alternatively, solid while morphed, air while unmorphed?
Watch the vid again and you'll find that's not the case. I'd actually have to say that once a certain BTS is touched, it turns other BTS on and others off. Seems a little complicated however.

Crashtour99

Quote from: person701 on October 03, 2010, 11:35:54 PM
I'd actually have to say that once a certain BTS is touched, it turns other BTS on and others off. Seems a little complicated however.
I think you could do this with 3 simple BTS'.
1 sets a bit/flag
another removes the flag
3rd is solid or air depending on if the flag is set or not

Trickiest part is finding an unused flag.

JAM

BlackSnow2211
Nice palette work. Keep it.

Sadiztyk Fish
Amazing 2.5D effect. It reminds me of using Hexen bridges in ZDoom-like wads.

Tyjet66

I discovered a nice little quirk in my current project that can be used for many new puzzles, here is that example:
Speed Booster trick
And yes, this room is still a work in progress so please don't comment about it.

personitis

That is quite interesting. But you also have to think of what that can do if you don't want something sequence broken. At least that's how I'm seeing it being abused.

Silver Skree

Two things come to mind.

SMW Boo Circles.

Touhou.

Zhs2

That... actually doesn't look all that hard to jump through. I fear she has more to encounter on the other side of it, though, so maybe she'd better not breathe easy before those two blue fireballs yet!

personitis

Easy. Take one hit and abuse the invincibility! :D

Silver Skree

I'm pretty sure he's not giving Samus 65536 health, so those could still be deadly.

BlackSnow2211

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Nowhere near finished, needed some new content though

Quietus

Simple, yet effective.  I like it.  I'd suggest making it a little less symmetrical.

BlackSnow2211

Katelyn

Quote from: Quietus on October 25, 2010, 07:14:36 AM
I'd suggest making it a little less symmetrical.
May I point out that he changed the palette, not the room.

Quietus

You may. :^_^:

However, if it's unchanged, and there's no mention that it's just had a new palette applied, I can only comment on the screenshot presented...

snarfblam

This is a tile editor. It edits tiles.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's not done. Also, it does not edit SNES tiles. It is not cool enough to edit SNES tiles. Some day, I hope it will be cool enough to edit SNES tiles.

But... what do you folks think about the overall UI? Basically, you can click on tiles on the left and they are expanded on the right, where you can edit them (by default they will appear with the same layout as they have on the left, but you can move them around). The screenshot is a bit huge, but you can adjust the zoom of each side.

Also, Samus playing soccer.

Zhs2

Feels like TLP, except with a creator that hopefully isn't going to disappear for long periods of time. D:

I do like how the tile arranger isn't limited to a single window. <3

JAM

At last, I've finished it.
[spoiler=balls][/spoiler]
Presenting balls frame. Also, beam frame extended in width.