News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikoshiba

The 1st room from my first hum... work ?
It's a kind of Remodel of Project Iris hack (also known as Sil 'Demo')

[spoiler=Landing Site][/spoiler]

The Monster of Surrealton

Quote from: Quietus on September 16, 2013, 07:53:41 AM
I'm curious as to how much you've tested your requirements.  It looks like a player would only need seven Super Missiles, as they could destroy the shot blocks, and grab the expansion for the other five (yellow line on pic).  It also looks like you just might be able to get away with only one Power Bomb if it were laid somewhere on the blue line.  It may be worth you testing it. :^_^:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, to state the obvious, I presume you're not using respawning blocks. :oh:

Haven't tested it because SMILE isn't giving me the items even though I check them in the test room settings. I'm going to move the Super before the pit block.

Quietus

I've had that in the past.  Try deleting the quickmet.srm, and see if it makes a difference.

Quote58

damn it Quietus. Answering the question right before I click post...
That should fix the problem though, as long as you're using snes9x

FPzero

Quote from: Nikoshiba on September 30, 2013, 03:42:23 PM
The room from my first hum... work ?
It's a kind of Remodel of Project Iris hack (also know as Sil 'Demo')

[spoiler=Landing Site][/spoiler]
I remember this hack!  It was a very cool idea and I would have loved to see it expanded into something larger.  Loving the look of that room so far.

Nikoshiba

Projet Iris / Sil is a simple but beautiful looking hack... I hope I just can make a little more enjoyable to play...  :nod:

Quietus

Quote from: Quote58 on September 30, 2013, 08:42:59 PMdamn it Quietus. Answering the question right before I click post...
Me so sorry... :glomp:

Smiley

More custom music, this time the undeground theme from Super Mario Bros. 3. This one actually sounds decent. Better than Katyusha, anyway.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxHX1XayjA[/spoiler]

Quietus

Hehe, you're getting there.  In that one, I'd say the deep notes were a little too deep, but I have no idea how much leeway you have. :^_^:

Nikoshiba

I think (without criticizing your work in any way, SMILEUser) that this music is not going so well with SupMet even if, in fact, I would have thought that would be the most suitable SMB's theme...

I feel that there is a  rhythm offset between the percussion part and the basses... As if it was too speedy (again I'm really sorry for my poor poor English).

However, I'm really fascinated by the ability you have to work the SupMet's musics because it seems very very complicated...! And I really congratulate you for your dedication. Keep on the good work !

Cloud20

Also music composing requires ASM I think, that's why I'm praying for an integration of a music editor one day into a forthcoming version of Smile  :^_^:

Quietus

Only if the forthcoming version is to be released in 2017. :yay:

Smiley

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm still new to music stuff, so all feedback, whether it be praise or hate (assuming it's constructive), is appreciated.

Making custom music really isn't as hard as people think. The only hard parts are setting the song up and making the conductor instructions, and the latter is actually pretty easy if the song is simple. Inserting the actual notes is easy. It's easier than a piece of ASM that refills all of Samus' supplies.

I might write a guide that explains the basics of custom music sometime soon. In the meantime, you're stuck with Kejardon's documents (and whatever random tidbits of information you can find).

And as a side note, learning C / C++ is one of my side hobbies... soooo, you might get a bad, unfinished music editor with loads of bugs by 2132.

Quietus

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on October 02, 2013, 10:40:46 AMI might write a guide that explains the basics of custom music sometime soon.
This is always handy, and is often the first step in things being well understood.  The few pick up the basics, they pass them on in layman's terms, and the many get cracking.

Now we just need one for creating animated tiles. :oh:[/begging]

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on October 02, 2013, 10:40:46 AMby 2132.
Nice choice.  It'll be Fear's 100-year anniversary.  You could write a celebratory fanfare of a song. :heheh:

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on October 02, 2013, 10:36:41 AM
Only if the forthcoming version is to be released in 2017. :yay:
I expected it for earlier (around 2014)  :lol:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Charmander106

Quietus

The brighter tiles in the pillar definitely look like they fit in more.  Regarding the roof: There's no real reason why it can't have some height variation.  It looks very flat at the moment, and the purpose of that room is only that Samus needs enough height to stand (and run).

Lunaria

No it's quite vital that it's decently flat at the start of the room so you can mockball with ease! :>

Charmander106

Don't worry guys, I got this!

Also here is Blue Brinstar, with more blue!! :D

[spoiler][/spoiler]

passarbye

that looks really cool, like you put a soft filter on everything.
the green brinstar looks really good too.

Quietus

I can't help but look at the top right-hand pic, and see the piranha flowers from SMW. :heheh:

From NEStroid in Surrealton

Big images.

[spoiler=Starting area]

Nothing extraordinary.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Morph Ball]

Brought it closer.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Little puzzle thingy]

Here, you would shoot the blocks, guide the flying turtle to the left end past the starting point, bomb jump to follow it, freeze it, then use Hi-Jump to get the Screw Attack.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=First E-Tank]

I HATE starting with 30 energy, then grinding for 99, so I made the E-Tank accessible early on.

I want to have about 15 or so E-Tanks scattered throughout, with the remaining 9-10 serving as one-time recharge stations.

[/spoiler]

Also will likely add pitfalls to the game later.

Vismund Cygnus

well, what can I say? it looks awfully red. Have you tried messing with the colours at all in TLP or something? I'm not really familiar with how NEStroid works myself, so I can't say too much. But it just looks a bit unbearably red. You might wanna just play around a bit and have a bit more variation in the colours. Additionally, you might want to change the black somewhat, so the blocks stand out a little more against the background, and don't clash quite so much with the bright red.
You've varied the tiles themselves quite nicely though, so that's good to see. It's always good to see someone mixing it up and having a go at something other than SMILE. :^_^:

Nikoshiba

Surrealton will run on Virtual Boy ? ^^
Just kidding... Nice work by the way...

While doing some hex-coding to change the suit palettes in NEStroid (can't be done in Editroid,) I learned that the suit has a different palette for each area.

So, I did some experimenting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEFP8xuU3RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9zQP_Caap0

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

But, when you die and restart at the beginning of any non-Brinstar area, it resets the palette to the original game palettes, and you can fix it by riding up and down the elevator.

I might cut the Varia because of palette hassles.