News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

I would require help with GFX...

Started by Charmander106, September 26, 2011, 10:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charmander106

See, I might need someone who will be able to help designing custom graphics for SM Underground. In exchange I will make someone or some people a personal beta tester for my hack. If you would like be one, show me your best custom GFX of an underground lab that has been abandoned and broken down. Whoever has the graphics will be a personal beta tester for SM Underground. That is really all I require from this contest of sorts. Have fun, if you want...

A_red_monk_called_Key

if someone makes the GFX set i can easily add the damage look just leave me 3 open colors in the palette.(i don't need any thing in return for that)

herald83

Challenge accepted.

When you say "underground", do you mean "has dirt/rocks in the tileset" or "doesn't have windows to the sky in the BG"?  Or possibly both?  I have a few ideas in mind for something I've been meaning to put together for myself anyways, so I could just share it when I put it together.

Charmander106

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 27, 2011, 11:40:05 AM
if someone makes the GFX set i can easily add the damage look just leave me 3 open colors in the palette.(i don't need any thing in return for that)

Good idea, will do that, if not already made from the winner and if it is good enough...

Quote from: herald83 on September 27, 2011, 04:45:56 PM
Challenge accepted.

When you say "underground", do you mean "has dirt/rocks in the tileset" or "doesn't have windows to the sky in the BG"?  Or possibly both?  I have a few ideas in mind for something I've been meaning to put together for myself anyways, so I could just share it when I put it together.

Let me warn you, I am very hard to please, especially graphics. But do your best and have fun.
When I mean underground I mean undeground, without windows to the outside. Yes, it could have dirt and rocks but the theme would be an abandoned underground Lab that is *SPOILERS*haunted by a monster with psychotic powers that allows the creature to shift the prey's environment to get them trapped and swallowed up inside the creature to be eaten!*SPOILERS* Hope that helps.

A_red_monk_called_Key

just give me or post the GFX set and palette when done and i'll make many damage looks to choose from. i can handle criticism, if they don't fit the look i'll make more.

herald83

Some progress.  Hopefully it's not total crap.  The palettes are temporary.  I haven't bothered playing with any FX1 stuff yet.

[spoiler]
-The slope transitions could probably be a bit smoother, IMO.
-Ignore the background in the this one; I just needed something back there at the time.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
-The stairs irritate me, and I'll be scrapping them for something better.
-The background is a rip from another game, and may or may not be replaced/modified/whatever.  Bonus points if you know what it's from.
-Some pipes.  They're on layer 1 with the floor so they don't pan at a different rate or anything cool like that.  They aren't quite 100%, but I think they're close.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
-I'd like to try to animate those rings so the blue pixels alternate colors, but I think they look neat as is too.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
-Some damage to the floor tiles, and some door tubes I've been playing with.
-The palette for the door is some old crap and has already been changed to match the grey on the pipes.  [/spoiler]