News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Zelda Skyward Sword, anyone?

Started by Charmander106, September 12, 2011, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Missile

Quote from: Antidote on November 18, 2011, 03:35:21 AM
I do, but i didn't bother waiting :P, been playing since wednesday.
Quote from: Quietus on November 18, 2011, 06:33:00 AM
I started last night, and have just reached the first main game area.  Enjoying it so far. :^_^:
Bastards.  I hate you guys so much.  Well, at least until I got my copy anyway.  BUT STILL Y U GET GAME EARLY?!  :mad:

This is a Cool Story bro(nies?), so go ahead and skip it, just a rant.
[spoiler]
I got screwed over by my Gamestop, no one told me about the Collector's Edition, and so I assumed I was getting that with the preorder.  Nope.  On another note, I couldn't remember if I had a Motionplus, so on top of that the worker tried to pile FlingSmash (which I heard was a shitty game) onto me so I could get the Motionplus.  I declined and bought the game only.  Still pissed, but wondering whether it was my fault for not knowing this or their fault for not telling me.
[/spoiler]

Anyway, got to first area, close to death couple of times, but still made progress.

Zero One

Best game. Took me 30 hours to finish, with my longest stretch being over 12 hours.

Best final boss. Ever.

Get this shit.

Smiley

I recently ordered Skyward. Should be getting it in 2-3 days. Hoping it's as good as people say.
Oh, and I'm probably getting Skyrim for christmas too. :grin:

Power Missile

Beat the game yesterday, now on Hero Mode.  In hindsight, it was better to have saved my progress...  Oh well, I'm retarded.

THE Purple Helmet

Just started playing this today. After adjusting my movements I am loving the combat so far despite motion plus calibration being a little inacurate to say the least

Would've played at launch but skyrim has effectively consumed my afterwork life

Power Missile

Skyrim Sword.

With all this talk about these two games, I'm gonna get confused.   :eyeroll:

Smiley

Finally got this game a few days ago. Loving it so far.
That graveyard monster was totally unexpected, that's for sure. I also recently killed a scorpion and a retarted worm thingy and now I'm looking for stuff to clean my sword with.

snarfblam

So, is there anybody who hates Zelda hand-holding with a passion, like I do, who could comment on the level of hand-holding in Skyward Sword? I think I would have really, really enjoyed Twilight Princess if the game would just throw you into the wild and let you do your thing.

THE Purple Helmet

Quote from: snarfblam on December 07, 2011, 04:34:32 PM
So, is there anybody who hates Zelda hand-holding with a passion, like I do, who could comment on the level of hand-holding in Skyward Sword? I think I would have really, really enjoyed Twilight Princess if the game would just throw you into the wild and let you do your thing.

I'm not that far into it but so far it's just as bad if not worse IMO...because of the way the game world is set up where you unlock areas in progression, there isnt a whole lot of choice in what order you do things.

On the other hand, the "overworld" of this game is fully explorable from the getgo and you can take a break from the main game to check that out anytime. There are alot of side quests as well so between that and the way the game progresses (it keeps your interest pretty well) it doesnt feel as restrictive as twilight princess.

Plus it gives you plenty of new things to work with and its ZELDA man!

snarfblam

Quote from: THE Purple Helmet on December 07, 2011, 06:41:36 PM
and its ZELDA man!
That doesn't have the same appeal it used to. Of course, I'm just a cranky old BITGOD who wants every game to be more like the original. From the way you describe it, it sounds better than TP. To me, TP just boiled down to "Go here. Do this. Go here. Do this." Somebody always told you what to do. Sometimes you would get a strong clue instead of direct instructions, but it's all the same to me.

I'd be truly impressed if they came out with a game as nonrestrictive and non-linear as the original, yet as varied and interesting as the new ones. I'd gladly settle for a game that doesn't literally tell me what to do every step of the way. To me, Zelda is all about dropping the player in an expansive world and letting him explore and figure things out himself.

Anyways, thanks for the review!

THE Purple Helmet

yeah, that explorative feel the original had sure is running thin isnt it?

If I am right in assuming you will give it a go, let us know how you like it anyhow!

A_red_monk_called_Key

i had pre ordered this game and held off playing it until phazon was done. i've been a big fan of zelda since day one. i have to say that this game is shit, and its layed out like a mario game. its the worst zelda game i have ever played. i'm still trying to force myself to finish this thing. the closer i get to the end the more tedious it gets. the puzzles were too easy with that blue thing telling me what to do all the time, they should have had a kid gloves on/off option. link would fail at 35% of all auto jumps, they should have made jump manual in this one. way too much dialog, all that talking just made me care less about the story. no vast area exploring, every were you go in the game is like a dungeon. i found item modification insulting, i dont think Disney would stoop down so low to something so unthought out cartoony.

if i could say anything to the staff of Zelda Skyward Sword it would be "F#%k you!, go kill yourself"