News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Forum got an upgrade

Started by Zhs2, July 09, 2011, 01:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Metroid Construction forums is now proud to be running SMF 2.0! What we are not proud of is all of the stuff that broke, so please leave a message here if something is broken that should be working! Right now the top priorities are:

- Getting BlackRain back
- Installing all of the mods again (StopSpammer, BadBehavior, Aeva and the like)
- Tweaking themes so they don't look like shit!

Keep being awesome, Metconst!

Charmander106

All of tags (well, some of then I seen like spoiler/flash) are not functioning.

Zhs2

Yeh, those fall under the mods to reinstall. :grin: Those should be fixed very shortly, they're higher priority than things screwed up with the theme.

Silver Skree

while you're at it, can you replace this smiley? it's been bothering the shit out of me so I 'fixed' it for you:

Lunaria

Is that a fucking add at the top of every page?

Zhs2

Zhs2

The upgrade is complete, but a few functions will most likely be missed. Mods, check the Moderate section if someone reports posts from now on (the Reported Posts board is defunct.) Said functions include:

- Awards (Yeah, frustrating but the mod is not even updated to this version of SMF.)
- Enhanced Table BBCode
- Less yellow in the theme
- How many private messages you have on the index, grrrr

Enjoy SMF 2.0, guys. Let me know if there's absolutely anything else that was missed. Don't forget to set back up your GMA, Job/Hobbies, and Other if you care since they got lost in the transition. :V

Silver Skree

are we gonna get that diagonally-striped BG image back? I kinda liked that on the sides :p

Zhs2

Silver Skree

Also, new topics don't seem to bold when they have a new post, but sticky topics are always bolded. This is confusing, at least for me. The sticky topics are no longer separated by a bar from the regular topics.

I could easily just get used to these, but
Quote from: Zhs2 on July 09, 2011, 07:22:21 PMLet me know if there's absolutely anything else that was missed.
:smileyspam:

EDIT: Also, just by-the-by, this seems like an opportune time for you guys to get cycling community-made banners working. Y'know, if anyone is still interested in that. :wink:

DSO

Quote from: Silver Skree on July 10, 2011, 04:56:18 AM
Also, new topics don't seem to bold when they have a new post, but sticky topics are always bolded. This is confusing, at least for me. The sticky topics are no longer separated by a bar from the regular topics.

I could easily just get used to these, but
Quote from: Zhs2 on July 09, 2011, 07:22:21 PMLet me know if there's absolutely anything else that was missed.
:smileyspam:

EDIT: Also, just by-the-by, this seems like an opportune time for you guys to get cycling community-made banners working. Y'know, if anyone is still interested in that. :wink:

It's been on the back of my mind to finish those, but I'm so busy with super important stuff Grime will kill me if I don't finish it.

Lunaria

Yeah I made a banner and all for that! :P

Also, is the zelda board only for zelda hacking? I'm kinda tempted to post my zelda classic quest. :P

Zhs2

Quote from: Silver_SkreeAlso, new topics don't seem to bold when they have a new post, but sticky topics are always bolded. This is confusing, at least for me. The sticky topics are no longer separated by a bar from the regular topics.
I may have to dig around a bit for these. There used to be an option to separate stickies from regular topics, but not any more. You'll know if I figure them out though.

Quote from: CrysAlso, is the zelda board only for zelda hacking? I'm kinda tempted to post my zelda classic quest. :P
This will be up to Math when he gets the new board ready for posting in. :D

Silver Skree

This is Metroid Construction. I don't think it would be appropriate to have a zelda board in the first place... :>_>:

squishy_ichigo

While we are at it, lets get rid of the Community Board too. This isn't a social network, it's for Metroid hacking damn it! I will not stand idly by and let this travesty continue!

Silver Skree

... :/, squish.

I'm not against having a zelda board. But, if we have a zelda board with any sort of prominence, we may want to reconsider the name of the site. Not only would the name no longer be correct, but it could prevent or confuse people from finding zelda-related resources, community, and info for zelda hacking.

In any case, I'm not going to argue any further about it since that's all I have to say on the matter. Either way, I don't really mind all that much.

EDIT: Also, now would also be a good time for you guys to add exceptions to bad behavior for Hatchling and OMGbot, if you were ever going to.

Zhs2

All MathOnNapkins really wanted was just a trickle-down sub-board for trading hacking information in instead of going through the pains of setting up his own brand new forum, and I didn't really see any problem with this - after all, Math is a respected member of the rom hacking community and one board with about thirty regular visitors isn't necessarily going to kill anyone, plus we let people post various other hacks and mods here anyway.

Also, Hatchling has gotten an exception. To solve the underlying problem, though, OMGbot needs to send header information better in general.

MathOnNapkins

Quote from: Crys on July 10, 2011, 08:39:26 AMAlso, is the zelda board only for zelda hacking? I'm kinda tempted to post my zelda classic quest. :P

I suppose for now it would be fine. If it ends up getting too clogged with ZC threads there might come a time where a split would be necessary. Nothing against ZC, but it's not the same as rom hacking, and there's lots of ZC forum communities out there already, aren't there?

Lunaria

Quote from: MathOnNapkins on July 11, 2011, 06:04:21 PMI suppose for now it would be fine. If it ends up getting too clogged with ZC threads there might come a time where a split would be necessary. Nothing against ZC, but it's not the same as rom hacking, and there's lots of ZC forum communities out there already, aren't there?
Oh there are, but I know there are a couple of fans on this board that don't go to pureZC. :p

snarfblam

I'm more of a fan of (NES) Zelda hacking than ZC, but if somebody points out a good ZC quest, I'll give it a whirl. As a matter of fact, I wanted to try out your ZC quest, Crys.

Quietus

I tried ZC, but Vista made it say no. :sad:

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Quietus on July 12, 2011, 05:17:39 PM
I tried ZC, but Vista made it say no. :sad:

Try this: A how to on Zelda Classic
If that doesn't work...pass...

Katelyn