News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Hard Mode(Other M)

Started by X-tradyte, June 23, 2011, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Make v1.1 Harder?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

JAM

What's wrong with Hyper Beam and percentage?

As for the second, A+B+C+D+E+F=100% [should be] and now max is 20%. Will you change it? I'm suggesting of using percentage patch used in Ice Metal.

Lunaria

Quote from: JAM on July 07, 2011, 09:58:17 PMAs for the second, A+B+C+D+E+F=100% [should be] and now max is 20%. Will you change it? I'm suggesting of using percentage patch used in Ice Metal.
It was hard coded in what item count would give the highest %, IIRC. Sadi made the assembly IIRC, and I don't think it would be super hard to tweak it, but as is, it would not work on any other since it's not the same item count.

MATHGODpi

Guess I'll post it here too.

I'm playing your hack, and I'm stuck at a part! In lower Norfair, I used a power bomb to get through the downward-facing yellow door, but can't advance much farther because I need another power bomb to get past a blockade. None of the enemies available to me ever drop power bombs, and I can't go back either because of the lave room. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for the hint. I've passed the game now.

There was a glitch I was able to exploit. With Power Bombs equipped, I could go into Samus's equipment menu and enable several beams simultaneously.

MB was tough, but didn't have me ripping my hair out like Draygon and Ridley did. Draygon in particular had me using the beam exploit AND countless save states AND still it took me a solid hour to beat him. Ridley didn't take as long, but was every bit as annoying.

Nice job on the hack. I can tell you put quite a bit of work into it.