News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Oxide

Started by Mr K, May 25, 2011, 11:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corruptor

I likes this hack a lot. Fairly simple and easy to play and follow....but the ending kind of had me confuzzuled.

MetroidMst

Remember, you had over 500 missiles.

danidub

Here's my Oxide map.
An energy tank is missing. Anybody knows where it is?

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: danidub on November 15, 2012, 03:00:20 PM
An energy tank is missing. Anybody knows where it is?

I think I found it :)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Corruptor

Quote from: MetroidMst on November 11, 2012, 02:18:51 PM
I know X3, but it was still sort of confusing. What's the max % you can get?

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Corruptor on November 17, 2012, 05:48:31 PM
Quote from: MetroidMst on November 11, 2012, 02:18:51 PM
I know X3, but it was still sort of confusing. What's the max % you can get?

I got 174% with all etanks/reservers/575m/75sm/35pb/everything else.
Maybe there's more supers and pbs, who knows..

bradzx

Header or unheader?  None of mention in first post of rest of post.

altoiddealer

The filename states no header  :wink:

bradzx

Seraphin

what's this barf kraid? something that actually happens in battle? he looked normal to me....(also, i killed him before he could rise up all the way  :grin:)

so anyways, i've beatn draygon, spore spawn, and kraid, lost for where else to go. only things i can see off hand, are locked doors, and power bomb doors. no idea how to get to lower norfair.

nvm, found a wave gate i had passed up before.

MetroidMst

Knows of barf Kraid.
Gets to barf Kraid.
Doesn't realize it is barf Kraid.

Get out. Now. Barf Kraid deserves better.

Quietus

In short, Kraid's death sound was changed, and is jokingly referred to as a barf sound.  Thus, Barf Kraid was born. :^_^:

altoiddealer

Quote from: Quietus on December 17, 2012, 07:13:07 AM
In short, Kraid's death sound was changed, and is jokingly referred to as a barf sound.  Thus, Barf Kraid was born. :^_^:

I haven't gotten around to playing this hack yet, and I was curious about what barf Kraid was, too.

I was half expecting to fight this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

That would be far too amazing, and would automatically win Hack of the Year. :cool:

Shadowing234

I'm stuck in the tall room before the Kraid battle. I defeated Kraid and got the Varia suit, but can't get out because it wants me to wall jump on the walls, but I can't reach the walls because the ceiling stops me from doing so. I could also space jump up there, but I didn't get the space jump yet. Am I fucked?

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Shadowing234

I tried to do that. I only got six tiles off the ground before I gave up.

Quietus

You could try starting your IBJ from the top of a jump. I recall the jumping in this hack is mental, so it should save you loads of bombs. Though in saying that, I don't recall there being anywhere in this hack that required IBJing.

Edit: Thinking of Airy. :grin:

altoiddealer

I'm pretty sure I gave up in the same spot, because I couldn't IBJ out of that same pit.

I could probably do it now, though  :bounce:

DonnyDonovan

Is this a sequence break of some kind?  I know I beat Oxide and I know I never needed to IBJ to do it, as I'm terrible at it and would remember that.  I recall Oxide being quite easy.

Quietus

I've just done a test run, and it looks like you're correct. Without Space Jump, it's a bit of a bitch for non IBJers.

A couple of options for you if you don't fancy IBJing:
1 Add both of these PAR (cheat) codes, jump up there, then disable the codes again: 7E0B2D44 + 7E0B2E01
2 Let us know what emulator and version you're using, and provide us with your save state. One of us will help you out.

:^_^:

Ri2nOneRok

I dont think im the only one that is missing one e tank, it is going to be a pain to explain all the e tanks i already have, but DMAN showed an image of a possible etank that was hard to find, but the image doesnt load. Can anyone help with my vague and useless request?

Quietus

To ask the obvious question: Have you checked the fourteen locations on the map linked above DMan's post?