The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Quietus on February 23, 2016, 06:53:56 AM
I'm assuming it's just a linking error, but the pictures look identical to me.

Also, when these things are normally added to the site, credits are usually given, so, to be clear, was it you that ripped all of the sprites, and crovirus worked on editing / colouring?

What do you mean by linking error ?
As you can see crovirus ripped these did the coloring and detail.
What I did is convert it 4bbp format so it can be used in super metroid or any other snes game.
I am giving him full credit like he asked.
I did this to give the users more enemie options for sm.

Strokend

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on February 23, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: Quietus on February 23, 2016, 06:53:56 AM
I'm assuming it's just a linking error, but the pictures look identical to me.

Also, when these things are normally added to the site, credits are usually given, so, to be clear, was it you that ripped all of the sprites, and crovirus worked on editing / colouring?

What do you mean by linking error ?
As you can see crovirus ripped these did the coloring and detail.
What I did is convert it 4bbp format so it can be used in super metroid or any other snes game.
I am giving him full credit like he asked.
I did this to give the users more enemie options for sm.
"Linking error" means you linked the same image for the lava/water/acid enemies post. You failed to post the right image for it.

Dark-SA-X

Thats not true, I don't know what you two are looking at directly.
If you click on the 2 mediafire links I hosted up in my other posts.
Both of them have a different file name with a different .bin.
Check it with yy-chr or tlp and use the palette included, if not use your own palette for your own needs. :)

Black Falcon

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on February 23, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
Thats not true, I don't know what you two are looking at directly.
If you click on the 2 mediafire links I hosted up in my other posts.

No worries. You just misunderstood, they don't mean the mediafire links, as these ones are working fine.
What they meant is that you posted crovirus' image twice:

[spoiler]
Quote from: Dark-SA-X on February 23, 2016, 06:28:01 AM

[/spoiler]

even though your posts imply that there should've been another image instead of the same one again.  :^_^:

Dark-SA-X

:pwuh: whatever though I'm glad the conversion process looked pretty good, I haven't bothered to pluck it into a rom yet.
Dealing with corels paint shop pro 7 is aggrevating the jesus out of me,  :sad: heres another pack one more  to go and that should do it.  :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hpc14xjd7vrfj6e/Metroid2-cave-insect-Enemies.zip

Cpt.Glitch

Intsa-Kill Blocks
Didn't see this anywhere on the site so I guess I'll put this here for anyone who doesn't know ASM and wants to kill players for no reason. It uses Air-fool X-ray BTS 03.

A Dummy

I'm not sure anybody is going to have a reason to touch those any time soon. :p

Quietus

Hehe, I have visions of a box of them around the entrance to your ship during the escape, so you complete the whole thing, then get trolled. :twisted:

herald83

Something I've been working on for a little while. This is a complete disassembly of the eye doors, commented and xkas compilable. Most of the comments pertaining to RAM usage are copied straight out of Kej's RAM Map.

My ultimate goal with this is to get the Eye Door graphics out of the CRE so I can repurpose the space and still have Eye Doors. Someone might find this useful in the mean time though. Does anyone have a good understanding of how Rakki's patch for the pickups works? I've been reverse-engineering it but it's slow going.

Cpt.Glitch

Another little something a non-ASM hacker could use. This code forces the player out of screw attack (and causing damage)  when hitting a certain enemy. Should Work on every non-boss enemy. It is currently set to affect green Ki-Hunters but that can be changed. Just open SMILE's enemy editor and look at it's bank and touch AI. After JMP put $(enemy bank)(enemy touch AI pointer).

Black Falcon

----------- Flying ship ASM v1.0 -----------

Tired of every metroid hack playing only on a single planet that blows up at the end? Do you also have this feeling of restriction and isolation, being bound to a single location?
Do you want your universe to have more depth than ever before?
Well, time to finally upgrade of that large piece of sh*t scrap metal you call ship and head out for entire solar systems!

(thrusters included!)

Features:
   - adds the ability for Samus's ship to fly from and to whatever room you want (you can even define the room it should land after Ceres)
   - Landing sites can be unlocked throughout the game by finding them
   - a system similar to Metroid Prime 3 to keep track of the ship's position (also on the pause map)
   - autopilot feature for calling your ship if you're crossing a landing site (no button combo required like in the video)
   - you can set up extra conditions, such as item/door/boss/event bits having to be set first before unlocking new landing sites!
   - a ton of other customization options such as delays, speeds and sfx for all kinds of ship related things
   - being able to define up to 256 landing sites! Yes, flying can be fun! :awesome:

So yeah, finally finished this little thing. Took quite some time, including feature creeping and last minute bug fixing. If you can't remember how it looks like, watch this:
[spoiler=video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRLqe6_35tM[/spoiler]

This patch makes use of area load stations, and expands upon them by using them as landing site destinations (normal save stations still work).
So if you know how to define and set up a save station, you already know how to set up a landing site!
Zip contains further instructions how to set them up, and other stuff.
Additionally, it already contains the xkas assembler executable, and a batch file for applying code and settings.
Labels are self-explainatory, so the code should be easy to understand for those who want to modify or just have a look at it.

Note: it uses some free space in banks 82 and quite some more in A2, which can be redefined using the labels in the cfg.

Not much else to say. If you run into any kind of bugs or have suggestions for how to improve the guide, contact me.
Though be sure to read through all the instructions carefully before doing so.

Happy hacking everyone!  :^_^:

Quietus

Man, that's still so cool. Now we just need someone to create a monster hack, with massive areas over numerous planets. :^_^:

A Dummy

This is going to be pretty sweet.  I look forward to seeing hacks using this in the future.

Cpt.Glitch

Too bad my current project doesnt use the Ship at all! This is pure awesomeness.

Strokend

Quote from: Black Falcon on March 12, 2016, 03:54:26 PM
----------- Flying ship ASM v1.0 -----------
Holy Mother Brain that is epic. I cannot wait to see the incredible hacks that show up now, even if they will now require snes9x due to their sheer sizes. Wonder if the first project will be Prime 3, Prime Hunters, or something different using this?

Mettyk25jigsaw

Better Message Boxes...

Obvious What it does.....Uses $80 worth of free space in bank $85 at pc address 2FF70---2FFEF...

It is 100% compatible with Jam's message box patch minus the fact that it limits you to 2 less small message boxes...But that shouldn't bother any people...You just have to copy the same routine as I have done it for the current message boxes for the extra message boxes made available by Jam's message box patch...

It may not be compatible with DC'S Map Patch though and I have my doubts it would be...Try at your own risk....

Enjoy...

Drewseph

Figured I share my research in understanding how Speeds are calculated during the release of the grapple beam.

Grapple_Code.asm is a mostly commented file that can be compiled and probably easily tweaked.

Grapple_Code_Trace is just that, a trace showing all the the addresses I encountered when testing out the grapple beam.

Kazuto

Quote from: herald83 on February 27, 2016, 07:19:09 PMMy ultimate goal with this is to get the Eye Door graphics out of the CRE so I can repurpose the space and still have Eye Doors. Someone might find this useful in the mean time though. Does anyone have a good understanding of how Rakki's patch for the pickups works? I've been reverse-engineering it but it's slow going.

I should, considering I made it.  =P  But I've heard that patch might be somewhat broken?  I'm not sure about it, but I can definitely look into it.  Unfortunately, that patch was from my old (dead) hard drive, so I only have the IPS file available.  I'm intending to reverse-engineer/recreate it into xkas form, though.  I honestly might not have even been using xkas when that was made, come to think of it...  But FYI, I'm actually intending to do a bunch of crap to the CRE to make it "dynamic," which will include removing the eye doors.  The CRE is really quite wasteful, when you think about it, considering most of the stuff in it isn't used in MOST of the rooms in the game.  But yeah.

I'll be happy to report back after going back over the patch.  From what I can remember off-hand, most of the patch is just graphics being moved around.  So the actual coding of it should be fairly small.

Don't mind the slight necro-reply...  It's a good thing I saw that somebody was trying to work on it, anyway, because that's one of a handful of patches I lost on my old hard drive.

Kazuto

Please excuse the double-post, but did somebody say blackout speedups?  =P

"Fixed" version of the door transition speedup, which was actually only broken in the case of slowing down the door transition.  But also, centering the door on-screen can now be set to any speed, and I've included the pausing/unpausing speedup which I thought I had put in the original patch, lol.

Also, could we remove the old version listed under my old username?  Nothing wrong with it, but this is more "correct."  And I don't want people to confuse which one to use.

Zero One

You should submit that patch to beta.metroidconstruction.com. The old patch pages are being replaced with an updated website.

Kazuto

Ahhh...  I was wondering about that!  I thought the beta site only hosted hacks at the moment, otherwise I'd have just put it up there in the first place.

Zero One

Nope, there's also a resources section for ASM, patches, graphics, documentation and tools!