News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] [ENEMY] Torizo question [solved]

Started by JAM, March 14, 2011, 06:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

Fantastic! Your suggestion worked. In fact, I didn't even have to place DB44. event 4A worked fine after I applied Jam's patch.
... Unfortunately I'm not just posting to say thanks, though. I have a 'new' problem. Brinstar Torizo is working fine now, BUT. Brinstar Torizo is capable of unleashing Golden Torizo's attacks, such as his 'wave' attack (which does 30 damage to Samus in Gravity Suit) and the critter-ball attack, which kills Samus (no suit) in one hit at 99 health. Is there a way I can stop him from using these attacks without nerfing Gold Torizo?

MetroidMst

Copy the enemy and nerf the copy would probably be the easiest way around that.

Scyzer

Here is le fix:

LoRom
org $A0EF11 : DW $F7D5
org $A0EF51 : DW $F7D5
org $A0EF91 : DW $F7D5
org $A0EFD1 : DW $F7D5

org $AAB25E : LDA $0FAE
org $AAC2E0 : LDA $0FAE
org $AAC620 : LDA $0FAE

org $AAC895 : LDX $0E54 : LDY $0FAE
org $AAC907 : LDA $0FAE
org $AAC97C : LDA $0FAE
org $AAC9C2 : LDA $0FAE
org $AAF7D5 : LDA $0FB6 : STA $0FAE : JMP $C87F

Torizo's type can be set with Speed2 in SMILE. A value of $0000 means to use Silver Torizo. $0002 means Gold Torizo. You should also use the applicable enemy as well, rather than trying to make a Gold Torizo act like Silver Torizo.
Torizo's health, contact damage and palette are decided by the actual enemy header used. Movement speed, attacks and attack damage are decided by Speed2.

RealRed

I've done it again. So, the game instantly crashes when I fire at Golden Torizo. This is caused by neither Scyzer's asm seen above, nor the two changes recommended in SMILE to EA should you want to place the torizos anywhere in a room (I've tested both on a clean rom). Come to think of it, I haven't modified anything else to any other enemies' data yet. Help?

EDIT: This is a tard post. I somehow managed to have a door save at $83FFFF.. Repairing the overwrite here repaired torizo. Hey, that means that $848000 starts with collision detection related stuff. Nice!

P.JBoy

Actually, the start of bank $84 is the Golden Torizo colour setting routine