News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Metroid: Apocalypse

Started by X-tradyte, March 12, 2011, 06:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

I'm glad to be back, here in MetConst. I never got to say Happy birthday to the forum, that made me sad. Anyways, main reasoning of the topic is my new hack Apocalypse, I have pictures of my rooms, but they are bmp, Do you want them to be PNG or just post as bmp? This is a full hack and I really hope to finish this for you. Thank you and I hope you like it.
[spoiler=Stats]Crateria/Caverns: 0% Map: 0%
Brinstar/???: 0% Map: 0%
Norfair/???: 0% Map: 0%
Marida/???: 0% Map: 0%
Wrecked ship/???: 0% Map: 0%
Tourian/???: 0% Map: 0%

Suits: Samus: 100% Varia: 100% Gravity: 100%
Tiles: 12/12
Door style: Original
Item style: MZM

Item Placement: 0%
Bosses placed: 0/9[/spoiler]

~DarkSamus

Edit: IPS patch placed, and fixed. patch for UH, remember.

Zhs2

Cool, glad you're back and you've learned how to post better, I hope.

As for posting images, James' orders are to no longer attach images to the board. I recommend getting a dropbox or photobucket. As for BMP or PNG, it's ultimately up to you, but I'd say Bow Down to PNG. It has an ultimately smaller filesize and better compression rate!

X-tradyte

Ok, I wasn't here for a while and didn't know what to do, I'll upload them on something, And yes, but bmp's are just, capture and go. I'll do Bmp.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I have like 5 more but they are too big to upload.

Parabox

Try putting some tags around those.

X-tradyte

So your allowed to put [img] tags on them?

Quietus

Yes, you are.  You can supply the links however you like, as the images are still hosted elsewhere.  You just can't attach them to your replies.

X-tradyte

Ahhhh, I getcha now. Ok. Thanks Quietus.

Zhs2

Also, the images won't work properly because they aren't links to the actual images. Fixed them for you.

X-tradyte

Thanks, Zhs.

I am only 8 rooms away from 100% completion of Crateria.

I do have huge images, I'll get them loaded asap.

Zknight7126

Looks great, hope you can finish it...

X-tradyte

Trust me, I've let myself down on every other project started, I really get the fact that this will finish.

personitis

Quote from: DarkSamus on March 14, 2011, 08:25:43 PM
Trust me, I've let myself down on every other project started, I really get the fact that this will finish.
I've said the same thing about five other projects... and that fell through all five times. <_< The only reason the two current ones on my mind are any where having work done is probably because they've sat and collected a lot of ideas in the back of my mind...

Besides that: full hacks are not easy to finish.

X-tradyte

Yeah, I know Full hacks aren't easy to finish, especially if you needed to restart half way trough it....And if you mess rooms up that are needed.

Scyzer

And if you don't know ASM or how to find stuff in the rom, a full hack will be VERY hard to complete unless you can convince someone to fix every single problem you come across.

X-tradyte

I guess it'll be VERY hard, I should go to ASM class, haha.  :^_^:

Lunaria

Psssh, don't scare him away sadi. :P

I was fine doing Ice metal without doing any ASM work myself. :P

X-tradyte

Yeah, Sadi. Don't scare me away! I'm fine, So far the only thing I'm having problems with is the room PRE-Kraid and PLM's poping out of no wheres in random rooms.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: DarkSamus on March 12, 2011, 06:42:11 PM
I have like 5 more but they are too big to upload.

Besides being able to host them on tinypic and the like, there are reasons why PNG is preferred. They have zero loss of quality, yet much smaller file sizes (so maybe not too big, in that case).

VG

X-tradyte

Ok, I'll get to the uploading of....big rooms, then.

X-tradyte

Huge update! I have more pictures for you, Including the huge ones.
P.S.: Last img is the room PRE-Kraid.

[spoiler=More Img's][/spoiler]

I got the Img's there but can't make them bigger, sorry D:

Lunaria

Well, it's very hard to comment on it when it's that small.

Quietus

It looks like you copied the links from the gallery view, rather than the direct url's for fhe images.

X-tradyte

Well, Comment on my Hack itself. The Demo is now released! Ends at bombs. Though, there is a few missiles after it. Hopefully all rooms are blocked off, that you can't go into, without further ado: Apocalypse!

Zknight7126

This is so tempting, but I have to start my MZM hack, I may play it sometime soon, btw would savestates from the test you gave me work for this?

VideoGeemer

Quote from: DarkSamus on March 27, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
Well, Comment on my Hack itself. The Demo is now released! Ends at bombs. Though, there is a few missiles after it. Hopefully all rooms are blocked off, that you can't go into, without further ado: Apocalypse!

I like a good challenge, but this might make the game just a little too difficult:

And yes, I tried adding a header to the ROM before patching. Shuts down ZSNES so that's probably not the fix, hehe.

VG