News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Funkland!

Started by snipereighteen, February 14, 2011, 12:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

A random project! Unheadered Not done, couldn't be bothered to finish it :pwuh:

[spoiler]How do you upload screenshots?[/spoiler]

Zhs2

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 14, 2011, 12:49:01 PM
How do you upload screenshots?
You don't. Use an imagehost like imageshack, photobucket, imgur, majhost, or similar.

Katelyn

Well, this hack.

I don't know. Was this a troll, or are you just...bah. I don't even.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

begrimed

You did something wrong, bro. This patch is horribly broken. After Ceres, the game is completely unplayable when you touch down on Zebes, and the tileset is broken like a mofo. Gotta look into that.

Nuju

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 14, 2011, 12:49:01 PMHow do you upload screenshots?

You attach them as a .zip, then frustrate Phazar so he embeds them.  Or at least that's what I did.  ...  No, not really.  Sheesh, can't you tell when a guy's being sarcastic???

I have to say, good on ya mate.  I'm honestly excited to see what you'll make Super Metroid into.

snipereighteen

NO WAY, was not suposed to do that! wait a sec, its unheadered

im gonna be uploading lots of hacks to this site as im new to it.
The hack ends when you get to the first bomb block, im gonna finish though :)

Katelyn

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 15, 2011, 03:42:13 PM
NO WAY, was not suposed to do that! wait a sec, its unheadered

im gonna be uploading lots of hacks to this site as im new to it.
The hack ends when you get to the first bomb block, im gonna finish though :)

Well...
I applied it to an unheadered rom. That's how I got that. Applying it to a headered rom just crashes right before samus shoots mother brain in the intro.
And you couldn't have changed it. Your post was posted today, where that post was modified yesterday. :)

snipereighteen

Ive made a zip/rar file which contains the updated ips but the ips is 2,644 KB and wont upload  :cry:

Zhs2

You sound like you're doing something wrong for a four room hack. Did you accidentally add a bank or a header?

snipereighteen

Nope, still dont know  :O_o: . Been working it on a while now.

snipereighteen

AH HA! done it, just added header.
Its headered now guys!
Gotto warn you though, its pretty shit :D

Nuju

This is a really fun hack.  I'm particularly impressed with all the graphics changes you've made.  This happened to me after I got bombs and rolled into that tunnel, though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

JAM

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 16, 2011, 02:00:23 PM
Ive made a zip/rar file which contains the updated ips but the ips is 2,644 KB and wont upload  :cry:
I can explain that. Make a file compare with headered ROM when your hack is headered and make compare with unheadered ROM when your hack is unheadered.

If make compare of unheadered hack with headered ROM or vice versa, you'll get a 2 Mb patch (even if just remove the header from clean ROM and make comparation). Because header can't be detected in IPS format. When making an IPS, the program just seeing that data is not matching (because of header made of $200 bytes) and writing this in IPS file.

snipereighteen

Sorry man, too much arse'n around. i tend to not do stuff like but still thanx for the tip.
Nuju: Yes nuju, thats suposed to happen. Be patient, the time shall come when my hack shall be done  :^_^:

begrimed

Pretty neat hack you've got going on. The graphic style reminds me of Sil, which isn't a bad thing. Keep going with this. The missile change was a cool idea.

Nuju

Quote from: snipereighteenYes nuju, thats suposed to happen. Be patient, the time shall come when my hack shall be done :^_^:

Duh :grin:

snipereighteen

well guys, inspiration from the sil hack  :yay: