News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2011 - Archives

Started by Phazar, January 02, 2011, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

You could always create a five-second vid to show us... :wink:

Digital_Mantra

Quietus

I love the top half of the room, but I'm not so keen on the bottom.  There's no questioning your familiarity with SMILE, as the build is sound, but the pink square thing, and the green over the pink / red blocks, clashes a bit much for me.

EDIT: DMan amended his pic... :^_^:

Qactis

Noted design inconsistencies:
-32x32px section directly above the chozo, doesn't connect with the rest of the vines.
-Crateria dirt is an ugly brown (maybe it's just because i think the crateria dirt is ugly in general)
-tile about halfway down the hole in the ground on the left looks totally out of place.
-I agree that the pink blocks look weird underneath the green Brinstar fungus or whatever that stuff is

With that said, this is my favorite room :D

Lunaria

Looks like multi *sunglasses* is going for a multikill! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quietus

Multi's room is really delicious this week.  Good work, Multi! :yay:

MultiK1llZ

Aww, you guys are too nice! :heheh: But right now I am freaking out because I have to compete with D-Man  :pale: Tryin to go for a Multi-K1ll !

squishy_ichigo

As much as I would love to vote DMan, I just see too many reasons not too. :<

As for mulit... well....
[spoiler][/spoiler]

And IMetroRat's room pales when compared to Webbers... so.... yeah

I'd have totally voted for Multi had his room not had such an out of place BG stuck in there for 'aesthetic' purposes. It really killed what should have been a perfectly good room. Loved the pipes btw.

Scyzer

I voted Dman. While the other rooms were great, it's nice to see something that looks peaceful in SM hacking, rather than all the dark we've been seeing over the years :P

As for the other rooms, I agree with squish about Multi's BG. It seems totally out of place, and just looks weird, especially with the style clash. Ratchet's room look's pretty good, but just a less-experience-with-SMILE version of Webber's room. Looks odd without a BG, but there's probably a BGdata pointer there. Still could put more into the FG though. Not much to say about Webber's room, except that IMO the purple in the BG is way to bright in contrast with the rest of the room.

Phazar

Voted for DMantra, that is an awesome BG!  And sorry for disappearing, I had a lot of stuff going on, but I'll most likely be back to doing it from here on out, unless I make an exception.

MultiK1llZ

Is it just me or does the thing at the bottom-left of DMan's room look like the creepers (exploding penis) from Mincraft :pwuh:

snarfblam

Making progress on my hack...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

MultiK1llZ

Lets see if I can get a TRIPLEKILL~!  :whoa:

[spoiler= You know you love it..][/spoiler]

Lunaria

Oh man, this one of the few RotW that is really hard to for me to decide on who to vote on. :yaynoes:

Quietus

Multi for me.  I like almost everything in the room, but what made it for me was the subtle alteration to the pipe ends, with the widening / thinning of the pipe. :^_^:

snarfblam

Didn't there used to be an option to see the votes without actually voting? Anyhow, as far as the pipes go, details are important, but it's really the very well selected, perfectly saturated orange and green palette that makes this room unique and pretty. My only qualm is with the background. I'm not sure what is supposed to be going on there. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it catches my eye and confuses the room.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: snarfblam on February 07, 2011, 05:01:13 PM
My only qualm is with the background. I'm not sure what is supposed to be going on there. It doesn't necessarily look bad, but it catches my eye and confuses the room.

As you mentioned with the background, It's supposed to look like caves that hold water at the bottom of certain parts.

Tyjet66

Please note, all of this is purely my opinion.

MultiK1llZ is one of the greatest at designing rooms in SM. Snarf is the best at M1 rooms. MultiK1llZ's room is pretty sweet but I have seen better for SM (no offense.) Snarf's room is the best for M1 that I've ever seen. My vote goes to Snarf.

Fe

Hmm... this is a difficult choice. Both very nice. I'm going to have to go with MultiK1llZ on this one though, just cause I really like that background. And great job with these rooms, guys!  :^_^:

IMetroRat

Quote from: Tyjet66 on February 07, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

MultiK1llZ is one of the greatest at designing rooms in SM. Snarf is the best at M1 rooms. MultiK1llZ's room is pretty sweet but I have seen better for SM (no offense.) Snarf's room is the best for M1 that I've ever seen. My vote goes to Snarf.

Well, I didn't have to type all of that. at least you did. APPROVED

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Tyjet66 on February 07, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

Thanks for the constructive criticism, as you stated that I am "one of the greatest at designing rooms in SM" <-- this is half true, not to brag but, I am one of the greatest at my own STYLE, we all have different styles, fortunatly you guys like mine  :grin: as for snarf, I know how hard it is to build a room in M1, let alone, have custom graphics like that O_O ... so, I am pretty sure we can all agree that snarf is the BEST at M1.

Phazar

Quote from: snarfblam on February 07, 2011, 05:01:13 PM
Didn't there used to be an option to see the votes without actually voting?
I always assumed I could just see them because I'm on staff.  Maybe I should turn that thing back on that lets you see the votes.  And anyway, I voted for Multi, but it was a tough choice.  Both rooms are awesome this week.

Antidote

Voted for multi, i thought it was pretty clear who had it phazar :P

Charmander106

NEStroid's A-W-E-SOME man!!!!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

JamieWebb16

I guess I will enter as well.... A room from dark cloud.
[spoiler][/spoiler]