News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[Impressionist Art] Samus in Brinstar

Started by Digital_Mantra, June 19, 2009, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

Made this years ago, was going through some old crap and found it.
Let me know what you think.

RealRed

Looks cool. Doesn't really look like samus or brinstar or whatever, but it looks kickass. I like the blue and green at the right side.
looks kinda like smoke. I dunno.

Zhs2

Heh, yeah. The title isn't exactly the greatest description for the piece, but that's not a bad thing. I can kinda see Samus in there, too... Multiple times? Pretty cool, though.

Also, why does the lower-left corner look like Ceres Station made out of Samus' Gravity left shoulder cap thing? :icon_eek:

Digital_Mantra

As far as impressionist art/paintings/doodlings go, you can name your piece pretty much anything.

I named it this because I could see samus in a rich environment like brinstar. It's like a spore got into her suit and shes traversing that region on a wild psychedelic trip.

DSO

You want impressions?

It looks to me like some sort of vortex. There's sort of a discernable circular "floor" in the bottom right quarter, and then you've got walls coming up. From that perspective, it looks like the onlooker is being lifted up in this vortex, the vortex itself being some strange part of the universe ripping itself to shreads. There's the elements of Samus in the wall, so...

Basically it looks like Samus got caught in a metastability disaster.

Wingard

You went way too apeshit with the saturation, for me.

Next time, you should consider making the colors flow a bit better, and maybe have less crazy noise everywhere, too much noise makes the piece look poorly made, but that's also just my opinion.  Other than that, I like the choice of colors, but it definitely could be better.