News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Dark

Started by X-tradyte, June 27, 2010, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which music should be in Dark for a Boss

Rundas Battle - MP3
3 (9.7%)
Chykka Larva Battle - MP2
3 (9.7%)
Meta Ridley Battle - MP
2 (6.5%)
DarkSamus knows how to make music?
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Orel

I honestly can't figure out where to go in this hack, am i supposed to be able to make those jumps to the right of my ship? I easily found the morph ball and did some mid air morphing and made it to this weird glitch area where i found the bombs and fought the chorizo statue, i was able to use the bombs in the first room but it lead to a door i couldn't open and i was permastuck over there because i couldn't jump out of the water.

I patched this to an unheadered rom.

Quietus

Quote from: Orel on July 23, 2010, 05:09:12 PMi found the bombs and fought the chorizo statue.

:heheh:

Orel

:lol:

Yeah, i know it's really called the Torizo statue, i just call it the chorizo statue because it makes me think of delicious sausage. XD

Someone should make a rom hack that turns that boss into sausage and when you defeat it you get the Sausage Beam.

X-tradyte

Well then. You beat the "Chorizo" and go to the brinstar area.

Orel

Wait, i was actually going the right way?
Why was that whole area all glitched out graphically?, i had figured i had went somewhere i wasn't supposed to yet. XD

Does killing the chorizo unlock the door that's after the bomb block in the first room?
That would explain why i was stumped because the last two times i tried i didn't bother killing the chorizo, i just bombed my way out and skipped the boss. (kinda annoying to fight him when you can't see him.)

Anyways, I'll give this another try later.

Katelyn

Opened the hack up, got permastuck, found broke GFX, tile errors everywhere. I hope this isn't your final version. :P

X-tradyte

No it isn't. I have a lot of bugs to fix. to Orel, you shoot a block [spoiler]above[/spoiler] the door and morph in.

Orel

I don't think i can morph in, i can't jump high enough out of the water to get up there. =/
I can't help but think it might be possible to jump, mid air morph, drop a bomb ,then jump and mid air morph before the bomb explodes and bomb jump my way up, but i simply can't do it fast enough. (and i refuse to be assisted by tools! XD)

Just out of curiosity, is there even supposed to be water in that room?, it seems really out of place as it prevents you from entering your ship and it creates a perma stuck if you go left and fall in the water.

I hate to complain about it when i know you're trying to create a fun game for us, but you should really playtest it before you release a public demo. (make sure you iron out those showstopping bugs!)

X-tradyte

Oh! Shit! I edited my game and it auto edited the IPS version. making all those glitches appear and that water higher. I'll fix that right away!

personitis

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 25, 2010, 11:58:46 AM
Oh! Shit! I edited my game and it auto edited the IPS version. making all those glitches appear and that water higher. I'll fix that right away!
No. Once a patch is made, it's made. SMILE doesn't edit patches because of the fact that it's a separate file. So excuse = invalid. You're still new to hacking so it's fine if you make mistakes. Just remember to test play your work before you even patch it. Use an actual emulator to test it, not SMILE's testroom as I see that as a "test just to make sure this works." Using an emulator is much more efficient once things are put together anyways. I suppose I could boot up your patch and see what I get out of it. Feed back and critique are awesome. =)

Edit: OK, applied and played the patch. At first I was completely cool, picking up the morph with ease, then I got perma stuck... So I took it upon myself to lower the water level by opening SMILE to make the landing site open up much like it seemed to have been planned. Played to the Torizo and I'm guessing that's the end of the demo? Anyways, I like most of what I've seen so far. I went ahead and snuck and extra look of the hack through SMILE and I'll say it looks pretty good. There are places where I saw some errors that needed fixing, some that would greatly affect the value of the hack. I would also like to note that the garbled mess of tiles in some rooms is due to going over the free space of an area's palette. From what I see, you're going to have to start over to avoid that and if you plan to add extra tiles and colors to the palette, I suggest applying DSO's patch (Tile Repoint). So far though, great work. I look forward to playing more of it. :)

X-tradyte

Quote from: person701 on July 25, 2010, 01:30:14 PM
Played to the Torizo and I'm guessing that's the end of the demo?

No, Kraid is the end of the demo. You have to figure a way past the grey door.([spoiler=YOU KNOW YOU ALL WANNA CHEAT])shoot a block above the door and morph in to go to Agon[/spoiler]after Kraid you go to the next room and claim Light suit. Also there is a tiny bug I have to fix. I call it the KRAID BUG but all you have to do is pause (press Enter) and unpause and its back to normal.

personitis

Well then I'll continue to play after I finish some graphics work. ;]

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: DarkSamus on July 25, 2010, 03:23:33 PM
I call it the KRAID BUG

gfx messed up after leaving his room? Thats a simple thing to fix.

edit -> room properties -> special graphics bitflag = 02

X-tradyte

Thanks Squishy! I probably wouldn't have known that.

Lunaria

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on July 25, 2010, 03:35:27 PM
Quote from: DarkSamus on July 25, 2010, 03:23:33 PM
I call it the KRAID BUG

gfx messed up after leaving his room? Thats a simple thing to fix.

edit -> room properties -> special graphics bitflag = 02

Even better, can you help me fix graphics bug after kraid even though the right bitflag is set? Not to mention the problem only happends in certain emulators (is my guess)? :D!!!!

X-tradyte

Probably, Maybe your Emu isn't picking the bitflag up. Possibly changed with some other bitflag number. Try using all of the different numbers. If its not that then it might be your Emulator.

Katelyn

Every single picture you have is broken due to you uploading them to the site.
Fix now, plzkthx.

squishy_ichigo

wait....
DarkSamus knows how to make music?

Those numbers don't lie!

Phazar

I'm wondering if I should just lock this topic since DarkSamus is unable to finish his hack on this forum.

Katelyn

Yeah, just do it, Phazar. He won't be back for a while, it seems.