News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - November 2019

Started by dewhi100, November 02, 2019, 03:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best room of November?

MetroidNerd
2 (8%)
Retroo
1 (4%)
Dewhi100
3 (12%)
Hackmi
3 (12%)
VacantShade
4 (16%)
DMantra
7 (28%)
Moehr
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

dewhi100

This room needs a lot of fool X-ray...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hackmi

im assuming all the effects and noise means my submission is disqualified? o well.
most of these tiles by me, a few from physix, background by vonR

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jiffy

Quote from: Hackmi on November 03, 2019, 05:43:29 AM
im assuming all the effects and noise means my submission is disqualified? o well.
most of these tiles by me, a few from physix, background by vonR

[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuoteFormat - You must submit the editor screenshot of the room, for small rooms use 32x32 tilesize, larger rooms should be restricted to 16x16 but I will be allowing you to use your best judgement on this one, BTS and scrolling screens should be hidden, you may submit a PNG or BMP of the room, I will be rejecting other lossy files like JPG, be warned.

Yes. Seeing as Samus is in the screenshot, it cannot be classed as an "editor screenshot".
For the effect, if you can provide sufficient proof that it is from the editor, I can allow it. Otherwise, I cannot. Feel free to PM me proof via forum or Discord.

Hackmi

nah the effect could be added to game maker i guess, but i wont lie i added that in with photoshop and cheap trash brush effects
here's the room without any effects:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

here's it with some old effect i had on my February gmz file omg:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VacantShadeGames

Built and exported with the in-game Room Studio of Metroid Planets:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MetroidNerd#9001

Moehr

Something different

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

For some reason, that reminds me of Torizo's feet, mid stride, as seen here. :^_^:

Quietus

Cool fake depth with the smaller doors, DMan. It'd be great if you could visit a room with that layout at a later point, so those with keen eyes might recognise it. :O_o:

Jiffy

It's time for the vote on November's rooms. Last month, Albert_V beat the other rooms, with a few votes in between. This month we have 7 rooms varying in excellence. Will yours be the winner?

[spoiler=MetroidNerd][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Retroo][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dewhi100][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi][/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade][/spoiler]
[spoiler=DMantra][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Moehr][/spoiler]

Vote for the best submission, vote lasts a month, you know the procedure.

Hackmi

moehr's has that SM aesthetic and weirdly m2 look. me voted for him

dewhi100

Even though I have issues with the upper part of DMan's room, it still needs my vote.

Metroid3D

VacantShade's has some really cool use of the Metroid 1 tiles in new ways

Quietus

Went with DMan this month. That fake depth is pretty cool, though as I mentioned before, it'd be great to visit a full-scale version later. Also, if the falls moved in the background I think it would add to the effect.

albert v.

moehr has my vote! This room reminds me some of Castlevania caves from SNES and the palettes are very nice! :D