News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Combat

Started by Multi-Man, October 12, 2019, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multi-Man

Metroid:Combat

The hack makes you go through 6 stages, kind of like Contra or Castlevania, each with 1 boss and miniboss. You can take only 3 hits before you die, but that can be increased by finding energy tanks hidden through the stages.
I might occasionally update the hack sometimes, mostly for bug fixes. Feel free to show me any bugs and I'll try to fix them.

Here's some screenshots: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I used the Start With Items asm, made by Captain Glitch, and I used MAGE, made by biospark.

Version History: [spoiler] 1.0: First Release
1.1: "Normal" has been renamed to "Easy", and the second half of stages 3 and 4 were slightly edited.
1.2: Stage 2 miniboss room was edited so that one of the grey doors doesn't lead you into a vanilla room.
1.3: Stage 3's second half was edited so that Samus won't hit the ripper when exiting the Energy Tank room, Brown Rippers can be destroyed, Imago's room has been edited, and a new mode has been released called "Expert", which changes a lot of the enemy placements, generally making things more difficult. I only recommend this if you want something ridiculously difficult.
1.31: Bombs have been buffed, so they can do considerable damage to otherwise tanky enemies or bosses. A few enemies have also been edited to have less health, and Ridley doesn't drain your health when getting grabbed by his hand.
1.4: Massive changes, such as adding alternate paths, and 2 bosses that weren't in the previous versions.
1.41: Bug fixes like taking out perma stucks and whatnot. Also made it so that you cannot fight the Super Secret Boss Again.
1.5: This is probably the final version of the hack.<- No more stating that I'm finished. This edition makes Stage 6 harder in Expert through various ways. It also changes up Stage 3 a bit, lowering the water level and adding new enemies. Also, lava doesn't insta kill you in MB's room. In her room, if you fall you merely take 1 damage and get sent back to the previous room to try again. Oh and the health has been edited so that it looks like Samus has actual lives now.
1.51: Added a save room in the beginning and changed some text stuff. Also fixed some bugs that could halt your progress.
1.52: More bugs were fixed, including one that forced you to the Hard Mode Final Boss on Normal Mode.
1.6: Fixed some tiling errors, and changed up Hard Mode Final Boss and Stage 4 Boss.
1.6.1: Fixed Imago flying out of bounds, Super Missile Blocks in unintentional places, and a floating Kiru Giru in hard mode.
1.6.2: Hard mode adds a small stage before Kraid. Also, the alt path room is hidden now, you can't just climb through the entrance anymore
1.7: Added a Boss Rush Mode, and made the road to the secret boss far more difficult. Also rearranged the save station before Stage 4.
1.7.1: Added a save room before boss rush, and slightly edited the Secret Stage. Also changed the room layout of the secret boss.
1.7.1.1: No gameplay changes, just small edits like making the pre stage 4 room look nicer, and fixing up stage 6's clouds.
1.7.2: Toned down Mother Brain fight.(I'll leave in the OG mother brain fight in this post if you want a greater challenge.)[/spoiler]