News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Corporate Craig's HQ - NEStroid

Started by CharlesAverill, January 19, 2019, 11:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesAverill

Your boss, Craig, hasn't given you the promotion he promised you over 8 months ago! After the divorce, losing visitation rights, and that jerk Chris that always messes up your Starbucks order, you've been driven to rage and have decided to take the one who caused it all (and all of his disgusting children) out, Office-Space style. Watch out for Time-Slowing and Invisible Kraids!

This hack blocks off access to all areas except for Kraid's Hideout. All enemies have been replaced with Mini-Kraid except for the original Mini-Kraid and Kraid. All main powerups are available early on to help with the killing spree, however only the missiles are required (although it's pretty tough to go missiles-only). Basic sprite editing (All Kraids now have top hats, glasses, and budget reports). Title screen and intro have been edited. Game is complete after you kill Kraid and leave through the nearby elevator.

Tools used:
Editroid
Tile Layer Pro
HxD
Graphing Paper
My own text-to-Metroid-Intro-Hex converter

Preferred Name: SoilChat

Special thanks to AceEbb for showing me every rope that exists with NEStroid hacking, definitely wouldn't have finished this otherwise.

http://imgur.com/ynjXjbP

Jiffy

Quote from: CharlesAverill on January 19, 2019, 11:31:32 PM
Your boss, Craig, hasn't given you the promotion he promised you over 8 months ago! After the divorce, losing visitation rights, and that jerk Chris that always messes up your Starbucks order, you've been driven to rage and have decided to take the one who caused it all (and all of his disgusting children) out, Office-Space style. Watch out for Time-Slowing and Invisible Kraids!

This hack blocks off access to all areas except for Kraid's Hideout. All enemies have been replaced with Mini-Kraid except for the original Mini-Kraid and Kraid. All main powerups are available early on to help with the killing spree, however only the missiles are required (although it's pretty tough to go missiles-only). Basic sprite editing (All Kraids now have top hats, glasses, and budget reports). Title screen and intro have been edited. Game is complete after you kill Kraid and leave through the nearby elevator.

Tools used:
Editroid
Tile Layer Pro
HxD
Graphing Paper
My own text-to-Metroid-Intro-Hex converter

Preferred Name: SoilChat

Special thanks to AceEbb for showing me every rope that exists with NEStroid hacking, definitely wouldn't have finished this otherwise.

-----Site is telling me upload folder is full? Here's a GDrive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x0VPbLiEn3h6ASuQyRBPgC-4DNNRGBXH

You can post the screenshots to the site by uploading them to an image hosting site (eg. imgur), and copying the direct link. The IPS patch can also be attached to your post, by expanding "Attachments and other options".
I do like your title screen though.

CharlesAverill

RT-55J

This is a funny spoof.

Unfortunately, there's a bug with the scrolling that renders this uncompletable. I attached a ~unofficial~ fix to this post, for folks who want to be able to finish this.

There's also a bug that mutes the music for some reason, but I'm too lazy to figure that one out.

Also, this isn't on the site for some reason.