News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMILE RF

Started by Scyzer, July 11, 2015, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meculus

Actually, I have a *much* bigger problem: When I enter the ship during QuickMet, I die.

P.JBoy

Sounds like you need to set up the SRAM directory for quickmet

Meculus

That didn't help either of the problems I had.

Mettyk25jigsaw

I think it might be because your emulator SRAM directory needs to be the same directory as your smile SRAM directory.

You are using snes9x which I believe most versions if not all versions need this to be the case.

Meculus

Thanks for that fix! One more question: why can't I resize SMILE's windows? It doesn't even work, even with the things in the bottom right corners. It's kind of annoying. Or is there a way I can zoom out the level editor? (FYI, I'm running Windows 10 through BootCamp on a Mac with a small screen.)

P.JBoy

Preferences -> View Settings

H A M

GOOGLE CHROME BLOCKED THE DOWNLOAD!!!

MetroidNerd#9001

Override the block, and if that doesn't work on Chrome, use a different browser that will let you override the block.

H A M

the browser detects it as a virus

Sapphron

A lot of people who use SMILE RF at metconst would probably say that it isn't a virus.
And, it's been known that this is an issue due to the auto-updater in it for a long time, you can override the block for it. Or use SMART, I dunno.

Vigilance

A virus within the file wont allow my computer to download. SMH! I thought this was legit.

MetroidNerd#9001

I'm pretty sure it has to do with SMILE's ability to write to and overwrite files. Computers see it as a virus even though it actually isn't.

Miranda Gemini

Quote from: Vigilance on May 31, 2021, 11:40:44 AM
A virus within the file wont allow my computer to download. SMH! I thought this was legit.
I mean, you could looked at the three posts above the one you made, but maybe that's asking too much... I understand it's tough these days to do a tiny bit of reading before posting to complain about it.
SMILE RF is not a virus. You will first need to (as literally the message above yours says) override the block for it in your browser. Then, you'll need to allow it through whatever antivirus will inevitably block it on your system due to the auto-updater.
If you're genuinely this concerned that a well-known ROMHacking tool contains a virus, might I suggest that hacking may not be for you?
(or, use SMART)

H A M

i cannot download it although it is not a virus

SpaceCadetNemo

Hey, he's not lying. Just got it downloaded and immediately got hit with a trojan named "Occamy". Currently letting windows defender sort it out...

We need a new, clean download link.

Ei sielua

Is it possible to remove Laser Brain Attack damage using SMILE RF?  :O_o: If Yes. How?

CBAD: Mother Brain's rainbow beam firing, runs while beam is active (enemy $EC3F)

P.JBoy

CourtlyHades296

Can't wait to try making a Super Metroid hack. But for now, I'll focus on playing some before making some.

augmented_uturn

with the metroid construction site having been hacked, are there any archives of the SMILE RF guides? any guides i can find now are just for SMILE 2.5 (which i can't get working because whenever it asks for a rom, it only accepts "SNES" files, and doesn't recognize .sfc)

neen

renaming the file to .smc works fine. what is important is that it's a clean, unheadered, NTSC rom. so long as that is true, the file extension is irrelevant. Super Metroid Mod Manual assumes you are using RF so in addition to being a guide on hacking SM it also covers a lot of how to use RF.