News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Arrival (fixt 0.4)

Started by Jiffy, February 05, 2015, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Hehe, great job, JAM. I'm still determined to leave this until it's done. :^_^:

Steel Sparkle

Very nice job JAM. that hud looks beautiful!

Jiffy

Quote from: JAM on October 06, 2015, 07:10:07 PM
Finally did this.

Yes, just a single screenshot, but it took over 25 hours to make it work as it should. I even take a long break because of this one. Finally, the keys are placed.

Great job JAM. This looks amazing! I most definitely approve.  :nod:

A Dummy

Yeah, I'm still waiting patiently for this before I play it as well, which isn't too hard when I have 8 other things to play besides. (I still haven't finished playing ERIS yet. XD)

That HUD looks really sweet. I really like that it shows how much reserve energy you have right there.
And is that 3 digit energy showing total energy from all tanks combined? It looks pretty good.
I see that extra Boots slot there. Is that used for Wall-jump boots, or some other surprise that I'll find out about when this is finished?

Quietus

Quote from: A Dummy on October 08, 2015, 03:27:52 PMAnd is that 3 digit energy showing total energy from all tanks combined?
I don't think it includes the reserve tanks, just the nine normal tanks and the 99 base energy.

A Dummy

Yeah, that's what I meant by that, I considered the reserves as a separate thing.
Which I still think it's pretty cool that it has its own display so I don't need to keep opening the menu to check if they're full yet.

The other option I did consider is if each tank held 999 energy, and enemies would be doing 200 damage and up. XD
But it looked more like it was adding the 100 you get from each energy tank.

Jiffy

I haven't gotten anything back from JAM in quite a while now. Possibly nothing since November.
The last thing we discussed was the HUD. Either he's been busy trying to fix it (since it only works in ZSNES lol) or he's simply been busy.
No messages back though, I'm getting quite concerned. If somebody could get JAM in touch with me, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Cloud20

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 27, 2016, 02:58:10 PM
I haven't gotten anything back from JAM in quite a while now. Possibly nothing since November.
The last thing we discussed was the HUD. Either he's been busy trying to fix it (since it only works in ZSNES lol) or he's simply been busy.
No messages back though, I'm getting quite concerned. If somebody could get JAM in touch with me, that'd be greatly appreciated.

JAM is quite busy at the moment, I got recently a message from him. I'm afraid that the best solution for now is to wait.

begrimed

If the HUD is a bust, then I'm sure the hack can live without it. What else does it really need besides that?

This hack is gonna collapse under its own hype like a brown dwarf version of Aegis if you keep putting the shit off.

Jiffy

Quote from: begrimed on February 24, 2016, 07:07:21 AM
If the HUD is a bust, then I'm sure the hack can live without it. What else does it really need besides that?

This hack is gonna collapse under its own hype like a brown dwarf version of Aegis if you keep putting the shit off.
Heh.
I'll give it until April 1st. If JAM doesn't give me anything at that point, then I'll go on with the hack without the HUD. Possibly I'll release it when I have things prepared.
Unless anybody else wants to do edits.
Just don't do Vodka please