News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Re: Room of the Month - November 2015

Started by Grimlock, October 02, 2015, 08:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Month?

MetroidMst
1 (7.1%)
Gohan
13 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Grimlock

Seems a bit hasty to jump back to monthly after only 3 attempts at a 2 week duration.  :O_o:

If we said 2 out of 3 determines the success or failure of the 2 week duration then it's obviously a success.  One week with only 2 entries doesn't seem like enough to justify rolling back to the monthly cycle.  All the talk about the new contest is probably the most likely reason for the lack of submissions this go around.

Vismund Cygnus

With all due respect, I did give plenty of warning. Even the second fortnight was borderline failure, with only 3 entries for the fortnight.

Grimlock

Well if you compare the outcome of the two alternatives (monthly vs 2 week duration) monthly was by far a greater failure.  I guess I don't see the logic of rolling a mildly successful outcome back to a known failure.  It doesn't seem like it's going to stimulate the contest, if anything it's another nail in it's coffin.  Anyway, it's your call, I just hope it generates a positive result.

Quietus

I think that part of the problem is that with all of the squabbling over how it should be done, followed by all of the will we / won't we, followed by regular format changes, people have just become disenchanted with the whole thing, and the idea of having a small contest just for fun has lost its lustre. :neutral:

MetroidMst

[spoiler=Let the CRUSHMENT begin][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

Quote from: MetroidMst on October 05, 2015, 10:26:11 PM
[spoiler=Let the CRUSHMENT begin][/spoiler]
Cant compete with this, Mst wins the month, gg.
Or does he..  :colonrightv:

I'm a fan of vanilevators.  :heheh:

I jumped too early to submit, i honestly think this room stands more of a chance. So I'm gonna change my submit while i can..
atleast i hope i can

[spoiler=One Day..in Torvus Bog..][/spoiler]

Thanks to Quote especially for having this handy set on his site.

Quietus

You could try adding some of your red tiles as filler up around the elevator shaft, just for something to look at while going up or down.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Quietus on October 07, 2015, 04:28:32 AM
You could try adding some of your red tiles as filler up around the elevator shaft, just for something to look at while going up or down.
But that would ruin the vanilevator :(

Scyzer

But it would also look much better and less meh around the elevator!

X-tradyte

Quote from: Scyzer on October 11, 2015, 09:50:59 AM
But it would also look much better and less meh around the elevator!
But elevators are made to be boring. :D

Do you see hospitals with flashy elevators? Hell, I would change the elevator music to something more suitable if I could... like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5PvBzDlZGs
(except 16-bit)

This is fitting to elevators!

Vismund Cygnus

LAST MONTH, I CRUSHED EVERYONE
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I am disappointed that nobody could compete with my garbage.

This month, despite having had 4 contest entries, WE ONLY HAVE TWO ROTM ENTRIES. NOT GOOD ENOUGH
[spoiler=MetroidMst][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gohan][/spoiler]
Who disappoints you less, Metroid Construction? There's only one way to find out, and that's to vote here!
And as for making things better, why don't you show us what you've got and let me rag on you in this here topic!
Good luck, combatants!

personitis

For Mst, that's a rather good 1x1 room. I find it too busy however, even after seeing it in-game. If I hadn't, I'd probably dismiss it as a filler room. Gohan's is much more interesting to me where there's more to look at and do. The filler tiling is a little strange and questionable (blocks just cutting off), but it seems rather immersive enough. I'd personally have went a little crazier on all the vegetation and such.

Gohan displeases me the least.

SlyPork

I really don't have much more to add than what personitis said since his comment hit the nail on the head, so if you want to know what I think, read his comment above.

Which means I too am voting for Gohan, for said reasons.

On a separate note, I am actually going to try to get my room finished and add it into the voting.
[spoiler]Huzzah![/spoiler]

Jiffy

Gohan for me. I think he's done quite well with that tileset.
Also, expect something from me in this fortnight.  :heheh:

Quietus

Gohan for me. It's just a good, solid room. :^_^:

Quote58

I like your use of my tileset gohan, however mst that's one of the best 1x1 room