News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SMILE source code

Started by Jathys, June 01, 2012, 08:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jathys

Unofficial SMILE release (re-release of Parlor - Waffle). Source code has been included. I will not be doing any public releases of SMILE, due to the indirect effect of making me want to bash my head into the wall every time I get motivated and start working on it. Despite that, I hope someone(s) will make significant progress with it in the future.

http://jathys.zophar.net/files/smile.zip

JAM

I understand how you tired of all this, but I have a question.

When I trying to run it, I'm getting

Run-time error 340:
Control array element '136' doesn't exist

When I'm messing with source code, it says that there is a file (Watcher.frm) missing.

What version of VB are you using? Maybe I have these messages because of using VB6.0?

Jathys

Strange. I didn't think watcher.frm was required for SMILE. (I actually had 5 different programs in the same folder, so some of the forms and modules overlap). Just added that form (and removed my e-mail as contact info). Should work now.

Keep in mind:  The source folder is missing various files included with SMILE that SMILE needs to run (such as the mdb list). Copy over your Files folder and the mdb list and you should be fine.

SirAileron

Considering how far you've taking this project already, I think you've done well enough. Editors aren't easy by any means, and your work practically gave birth to this forum. Don't hurt your head over it.

JAM

Jathys
I've got it. The root of all evil is unexistance of Plugins folder (with readme file inside).

First I've got this message:

Run-time error '76':
Path not found

When I've created Plugins folder, I started getting early mentioned errors:

Run-time error '340':
Control array element '136' doesn't exist

or

Run-time error '340':
Control array element '129' doesn't exist

And it happens again and again. Before I've deleted SMILE.ini file.
Without SMILE.ini and with Plugins folder inside this version works fine.

So, prorably the last thing I'll ask you is re-release this version with Plugins folder (with readme.txt inside) inside files folder of SMILE to be able to start from blank.

And I think I can understand how it feels constantly getting comments like: "Please, do this", "Please do that". Now it's like "want new feature in SMILE -- do it yourself". Fair enough. Thanks from all us for everything you did. We still'll be in the stone age of Super Metroid hacking without you and your works on editor.

P.S. Your last post was 5000th in Super Metroid board.

Scyzer

[spoiler=u mad, bro?][/spoiler]

Metaquarius

Quote from: Scyzer on June 15, 2012, 03:03:47 AM
[spoiler=u mad, bro?][/spoiler]
What's the meaning of posting this screenshot without any more explanation ?  :pwuh:
Are we supposed to guess someone is actually working on a new SMILE version ?

Zhs2

Scyzer herself is. Also, I should move this to a more appropriate thread...

Edit: done.

jk16bit-palmy-

I hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone actually been working on making a public Beta-release SMILE derivative or clone? Any new work on the the source by anyone yet?

MetroidMst

Quietus

That's not to mention Scyzer's / others...