News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Plague ( Half/Mini-Hack)

Started by RYNO, October 12, 2009, 04:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RYNO

Well... It's that time again to see what I'm cooking up! Metroid Plague, a Half/Mini Hack with Different door and almost everything pallet-design, no new pallet- or whatever- configurations. There IS Heavy gravity, Most rooms are at-least, re-tiled. Enemies do more damage, more health, one thing that may make this hack too easy, is my insta exploding bombs, if I can get a contributation for a UN-Headered ROM for only 3 bombs in 10 seconds (Kind-of like in Redesign), Then that would be awesome. No Pictures ATM. I have used some of the Patches on this site (Like Air-Tubes) and I probably will find more. Ill Be on again Soon!
And For Completion sakes, Heres A Total estimation on how long till completion.
Current: 10%

Screnshots!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Reconite

Do you have any screenshots of what you have done so far?

RYNO

Quote from: Reconite on October 12, 2009, 04:29:08 PM
Do you have any screenshots of what you have done so far?
Screenshots will come soon... :) Gimmie 10 Mins

EDIT: Screenshots done!

Lunaria

I can tell what most rooms are based of simply by looking at them. This may not be bad as the hack can still be great, it will just be less original.

First of all, the suit palette. I don't mind the colors, but you should build the palette in the same fashion that super metroid did it, to make sure it looks prime on the tiles.

@ screenshot 3: I can tell where you are going with this palette and how you want it to look. But right now it looks overall, really bad. Even though the color choice is very good. Those tiles are designed to only use one set of gradiation. You could still set it up for a gray-white/red combination with some handy work in the palette + tile table editor. As each of the 8x8 tiles that makes a 16x16 can use it's own palette row. This means you can have the "outline" on the tiles be red and maybe some blocks inside it but then have the rest in the white-gray gradation.

RealRed

Are your palettes inspired by eris? They're terrible but still pass as awesome and mysterious. nice work, I guess.
Also, thanks for putting up screens. Don't want to lock any topics today.  :icon_wink:

RYNO

Quote from: Bloodsonic on October 12, 2009, 07:42:07 PM
Are your palettes inspired by eris? They're terrible but still pass as awesome and mysterious. nice work, I guess.
Actually, I haven't played Eris yet... As for the pallets, I just kinda changed them and kept the original pallet colours, as for now I'm using redesign's Pallet, and the Fusion Doors >.> Thanks Bloodsonic

RealRed

You might want to ask drew about using the palettes from his hack before a hack plagiarizing bitchfest starts up again.

RYNO

Quote from: Bloodsonic on October 13, 2009, 04:58:37 PM
You might want to ask drew about using the palettes from his hack before a hack plagiarizing bitchfest starts up again.
Ah, I should, just the Crateria Palettes and the bright red door style, (for missile Doors,) and I've changed loads of stuff.... Got the suit colourations cool, and sleek. No more pixelated messes of colours, :) And a video for presentation...

RYNO

Christ, My internet is fkd so I cant go on, I'm doing this as 2 versions, a regular and overhaul, Hope to get in touch soon!

Digital_Mantra

Looks like an interesting hack so far. I like the 5th pic the most.

Quote from: Bloodsonic on October 12, 2009, 07:42:07 PM
Are your palettes inspired by eris? They're terrible but still pass as awesome and mysterious.

Um.. thanks?