News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Fusion/Zero Mission Level Viewer

Started by Lin, May 28, 2013, 12:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lin

Here is something I whipped up in a couple of days when I got bored. I figured everything out by using no$gba and looking at interdpth's notes for the level compression types in the header. Here are a couple screenshots.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

It's pretty flawless from what I could test, but a couple of things are worth noting:
-It does not change the Chozodia hatches (add like 0x40 to the address where it loads the door tiles and such)
-It does not draw the parallax background (the pointer is skipped. You could probably easily implement it)

It's written in C# and here's the source. Feel free to do whatever you want with it! I doubt I'll be turning it into an editor. http://mediafire.com/download/8uiquh7hcboa06q/Advance_MetEdit.zip

~Lin

Quietus

While I didn't scrutinise every pixel, those pictures appear to be the same.

Either way, looks good. :^_^:

Law

Quote from: Quietus on May 28, 2013, 05:25:34 AM

They are. They're linked exactly the same. I presume that was a mistake.

Lin

Quote from: Quietus on May 28, 2013, 05:25:34 AM

Either way, looks good. :^_^:
Woops, sorry about that. The second one was supposed to be a Metroid Fusion map. Fixed now, thanks.

snarfblam

Looks spiffy so far. C# eh? I might check this out when I'm done with what I'm working on ATM.

Lin

I've actually decided to work on this some more. I improved the design and added some other features, like zooming and hiding layers. I've also added background displaying. However, because you can't have parallaxing when you're viewing the entire map, it just repeats.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

passarbye

assuming by the menus, it looks like you're adding actual editing abilities to this?
if so, good luck to you.
also, no offense to interdepth, but this is looking better than Double Helix.

Benki

Please if you're going to make a metroid fusion/zero mission editor make the tile selection like SMILE  :grin: