News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Nintendo Strategy Games

Started by RealRed, October 05, 2016, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

Anyone in to these?

Jutei Senki
, a simple strategy game with 14 unique units on each side (good/evil) that encourages strategy rather than equipment or levels. I must admit, the more strategy I play, the more this one feels unique.

Feda: The emblem of justice lacks challenge or creativity but it sure looks good. Has two "paths" that are really just one time meetings where you may or may not side with characters of Law or Chaos. Neat game I guess. I actually beat it. The game features 'Ain McDougal', a shit talking wolf man whose script is uncensored and makes it easier to ignore the game's shortcomings. I've been surprised at a few of his lines.

Der Langrisser. This game is insane. Tons of units on field, difficult to play the game the same way twice. Class changing trees, disposable units, multiple objectives, enemy/ally reinforcements appearing in-battle, up beat music that stays in your head. Tons of characters. You can join any of the 3 warring factions in the game, or even choose to kill them all I believe. Still playing, likely to beat this one soon on the imperial side. Leon!!!

Anyone else played these? Know any other good strategy games?

Quietus

I never really played any strategy games on my SNES, but I loved Shining Force 2 on the MegaDrive. :^_^:

Lunaria

Snes strategy games seems awkward to me. But I did play a lot on my GBA and DS. I'm really into the Advance wars series, and I have played most FE games that have made it to English officially.

greenmetroid

When it comes to strategy on the SNES, I recommend these

• Metal Marines: A futuristic realtime strategy game where each player is on an island, build offensive and defensive structures.
  • King Arthur's World: A 2d medieval sidescrolling realtime strategy game, where King Arthur commands his troups to conquer castles.