News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Unused Prime Speech?

Started by GF_Kennon, October 13, 2009, 12:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

Only cause we don't have a prime hacking board

Unused Prime Speech?

Sup, undiscovered thing (I fucking hope this is undiscovered)

What do you think?

Black Falcon

Wow that's cool GF! Nice found!  :icon_biggrin:
I think this was originally intented to be the introduction to Prime but isn't because of unknown reasons :?:
I never knew that Prime is set about 10 years after Metroid... (story timeline)

personitis

I found it cool. Like I commented on Youtube, I wanna figure out how to look at Prime's files sometime.

Lunaria

Could be some sort of beta story? IIRC the story is not that she suspect pirates there. :o

Awesome find in anycase! :P

RealRed

Quote from: Crys on October 13, 2009, 04:57:20 PM
Could be some sort of beta story? IIRC the story is not that she suspect pirates there. :o

Why would Samus follow Ridley to a planet where she's not expecting space pirates?

Lunaria

Quote from: Bloodsonic on October 13, 2009, 05:01:23 PM
Quote from: Crys on October 13, 2009, 04:57:20 PM

Why would Samus follow Ridley to a planet where she's not expecting space pirates?
Yes, but the reason she is there in the first place is that she explores the space station. :P
I don't recall the story on why she explores it. I think it was GF releated... oh well.

interdpth

Why is there always a period/stop after they say Mother Brain?

Also voice actor sounds hot.

Digital_Mantra

Yeah sorry for bumping a dead topic but jesus christ.
zeh-bis? zee-bees!

Interesting how this little sound file proves that during production of MP, they still weren't sure whether it would sequel or prequel SM. If the Metrioid Saga has a story produced on the whim with alternative concepts in the developers minds, why the hell do we argue from time to time on the canonical timeline.

I say.. let there be crazy huge holes in the story! For our hacks will fill them!

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on December 21, 2009, 12:21:33 PM
Interesting how this little sound file proves that during production of MP, they still weren't sure whether it would sequel or prequel SM.
I fully support this theory with THIS --->

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on December 21, 2009, 12:21:33 PM

I say.. let there be crazy huge holes in the story! For our hacks will fill them!

FUCK YEAH!  :hfive:

Lunaria

Quote from: GF_Kennon on December 21, 2009, 12:29:50 PM
I fully support this theory with THIS --->
On that note, I went through prime looking for it, even looking at every small texture in game I could find! Unless it's in impact crater then it's unused as far as I can tell.

Hiroshi Mishima

You know, that sounds a bit like Jennifer Hale's voice, who voiced Samus in Metroid Prime. Can someone now answer me why the hell this voice actress wasn't used in Other M? Sounds more like Samus than the one they've got right now. >_>

Anyways, the whole "10 years ago" thing caught me off guard and it made me wonder again why Nintendo saw fit to place the MP games "supposedly" between Metroid 1 and 2. Considering Gunpei envisioned the original Trilogy as just that, a trilogy with a start/finish, then it'd make more sense to set the next series AFTER the events in the original games rather than in the middle of them and muck it all up. I've always looked down on the Metroid Prime series for doing that as it starts pushing the gaps between games further and further. It also doesn't really support the rest of the series canon if it really was only a few months to a year after Metroid 1, as Planet SR388 was still there at the time. If the planet was there, then Samus and/or the Federation shouldn't have been so surprised to find the Pirates had Metroids.

On the other hand, if it was set years later (10 years to be precise) than the planet was long gone, and everyone thought the Metroids had gone extinct. That makes far more sense for why there'd be differences in the Metroids (end result of repeated cloning/duplication of the Metroids through artificle means, perhaps), as well as why Ridley would have returned (let's say she killed him, and the pirates recovered and reanimated the body using that technology that he's covered in). It would also make more sense from the standpoint that if the Chozo were so elusive why find another planet related to them so soon after SR388 was discovered? Having them find the planet years later would also make more sense. Same with the Space Pirates themselves, as they were supposedly based out of the Planet Zebes, which means that thinking the threat had been eradicated (and why Samus didn't realize it was a Pirate SOS) and then suddenly finding they've been off in some remote location that no one went to/knew about working on rebuilding their forces.

Mind you, Metroid Prime 3 effectively wrecks a lot of that theory, but since it came out after they put Prime where they did, it isn't able to discount the activities in Metroid Prime 1 as being.. a little odd, especially with this sound clip discovered. I should show this to my fiancee when she gets up.

personitis

Note it is unused and could be for the reason that it brings up some conflicts in the over all story. And if you think that mucks up the story line, go and try to figure out Zelda's story line. O_O

squishy_ichigo

i have don't neen evere in my life Zelda's story line ...

aka: Zelda has an overall storyline? Only a few of them connect to each other to my knowledge.

Quietus

I always thought of them as different stories set within a familiar world.  Having similar names and places lets players become familiar, even if the game is completely different.