News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Unhundred %

Started by ClockwiseUK, August 02, 2021, 04:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockwiseUK

Unhundred %
Unhundred % is a mostly vanilla hack in which the player starts with every item in the game and must place every item back in its original position! This means you get weaker as you go. There have been minimal changes to the map.

As you can imagine it's fairly easy to softlock yourself if you don't think ahead so extensive knowledge of the game is required.

I'd say it's very close to release at this point, just letting people play it to see what if any issues arise.

Let me know what you think! All feedback is welcome!

Changes:

• Start with all items
  • Picking up an item removes it from the Samus
  • Returning to the ship with no items ends the game
  • Morph will not appear until all other items have been removed
  • Door to G4 has been removed as Torian is no longer necessary
  • Acid Torizo no longer requires space jump to access Lower Norfair
  • Old mother brain room no longer locks the player in when in it's inactive state

Special Thanks to PJ for showing me the ropes. It's been a really cool experience to get into this rom hacking scene!
Also to PHOSPHOTiDYL for creating the "Skip Intro Saves" ASM that is utilized.

Additionally, you can see the hack in action on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1101263436

Steel Sparkle

Sounds like a cool idea, nice work :)

BandsWithLegends

Awesome work :) where can I find the download for this? Is it posted on the main site?

Kremit44

Quote from: BandsWithLegends on August 02, 2021, 10:51:25 PM
Awesome work :) where can I find the download for this? Is it posted on the main site?

Not yet, not sure why. But you can get it here:

https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,5387.0/topicseen.html

DonnyDonovan

This is interesting.  As you get late in the game it gets easy to screw up.  I seem to have a reserve tank and I'm not sure which one I didn't place or if I can get back to it.  You really have to plan the late stages or you can f**k yourself easily.  Great concept.