Started by Jiffy, September 08, 2015, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the Room of the Fortnight?

Jefe962
Grimlock
DSO

Jiffy

[spoiler]
I was lazy and cooked up a little thing for you all. I would've made something bigger, better and standard topping, but my 15th birthday is on Saturday, and I must eat the KFC I am given and go to the Hospital  :grin:[/spoiler]

Quietus

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 08, 2015, 03:09:07 PMI must eat the KFC I am given and go to the Hospital  :grin:
Thumbs-up for the priority order. :grin:

Grimlock

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 08, 2015, 03:09:07 PM

I was lazy and cooked up a little thing for you all. I would've made something bigger, better and standard topping, but my 15th birthday is on Saturday, and I must eat the KFC I am given.....  :grin:

Seriously Jefe, you've got to learn to combine that which you love (I helped you a little this time):

[spoiler]

Eat your heart out MST!  :grin:

[/spoiler]

On a seriously seriouser note, I'm going to join Jefe's 15 year ROTW party:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

PonchGaming

Jefe's Chicken room. I give it a 1/10, not enough chickens. :<_<:

Quietus

Grimlock: That room looks so good, it's beginning to not even look like NEStroid any more. :cool:

Zero One

Quote from: Quietus on September 10, 2015, 03:59:18 PM
Grimlock: That room looks so good, it's beginning to not even look like NEStroid any more. :cool:

Shit, I didn't even realise that was NEStroid.

snarfblam

After seeing that room, Grimlock, that tileset is really starting to grow on me.

DSO

Said I'd do more to support RoTF, so here's a quick entry for this period.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

And on more important notes, I redid Grimlock's room, MST style.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Grimlock

Quote from: DSO on September 12, 2015, 10:44:50 AM
And on more important notes, I redid Grimlock's room, MST style.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Party lights, just in time for Jefes B-Day party!  Now who's going to bring the cake and spiked punch? (Brass knuckle variety preferred)

Vismund Cygnus

Grimlock wins the first fortnight with some sexy ass stuff:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

So this time around there's only 3 entries. I am disappoint.

[spoiler=Jefe962][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Grimlock][/spoiler]
[spoiler=DSO][/spoiler]

As usual, there can only be one winner, so get voting Metconst!

This week's PSA is pretty much the same as the last one. Submit your stuff here, and if all goes well, I'll update this thread in two weeks time. If things don't go so well, we may just let it roll over an extra couple of weeks. It's up to you to decide the fate of Room of the Fortnight!

PKstarship

Well, I'm voting for Grimlock, that room looks almost like a Super Metroid room would look, it's impressive!

Quietus

Grimlock again for me. It managed to make NEStroid look like SNEStroid, which is some feat. :^_^:

SpoOkyMagician

These are all pretty good rooms. This might be a tough call once again. :neutral: My usual comments follows.

@Jefe: It's a Jefe room. Need I say more? Great job.

@Grim: Dang. That is impressive for a NEStroid room. Reminds me of the station in Super. Great job.

@DSO: Sometimes, simplicity is a good thing. You did it well here. I could nitpick here and there but eh. It works. Great job.

As for my vote? Tough call... I think I am gonna go with grim this time. I like how he made it look more like SNES in NES.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Vismund Cygnus

Hey I forgot to do this last go around:

[spoiler=Jefe962]You've been using this tileset a lot. I sense you're working on something. Unfortunately this means this looks a lot like whatever else you've been putting up here. Not that it's bad, just repetitive. I've nothing to say except nice room, fits with the other rooms you've been entering, and that's cool. Keep on trucking. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Grimlock]I wasn't 100% sold on this tileset until you showed this room. Dang. That looks cool. Do you draw your tiles by hand? Genuinely curious. If so, you have a sick sense of shading/paletting etc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=DSO]Simple, straight to the point. Interesting mix of tiles, I'm not 100% sure of the combination of the purple cave tiles with everything else. But the structure of the room itself is quite good and the rest of the colouration is sweet. [/spoiler]

Should be obvious but yeah. Voted Grim. Keep making Metroid more Super. You do things with 8 bits I couldn't do with 128.

Grimlock

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 18, 2015, 09:17:26 AM

Do you draw your tiles by hand? Genuinely curious. If so, you have a sick sense of shading/paletting etc.

Thanks, yea, they're all drawn by hand (literally, sometimes I use a Wacom tablet).  As M-Tee would say, "One pixel at a time".  I mostly use Tile Layer Pro because of it's tile arranger feature but I also use Tile Molester, YYCHR, and Photoshop CS1. Photoshop is nice for creating certain animations like the rotating sphere I posted in the project thread.  All of the programs listed have their strengths.