News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Speed Echo blocks

Started by JAM, September 19, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

I need help. Again.
Does anyone know how to make them?

For what I'm already know, Speed Echoes are using projectile value $0029, but... values over $0022 are counted as enemy projectiles. So standart shotblock with value $0029 is not working. Any ideas?

Quote58

I have no idea what you mean by having speed echo /blocks/ but if you want the speed echo routines,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60276829/Site%20files/Documents/Routines/Echo%20routines.txt
that's most of them at least, with some comments as well.

Quietus

I think JAM is saying that he wants to create a new block type, which isn't destroyed by normal speedboosting, but is destroyed by the echoes that are created when you shinespark into a surface.

JAM

Indeed. Thanks you, Quietus! =)

Crashtour99

My suggestion would be to use an enemy.
Set the enemy's property bits to make it invisible, and only make it vulnerable to boost echos.
Then place the enemy over the tile you want to be echo-destroyable.  When the enemy dies have it run a special routine that spawns the generic block break animation (like what the WS chozo statue uses when breaking the spike blocks) and clear the tile.

JAM

Crashtour99
Hey, that might work! Thanks for idea. A bit pervert, so it'll be a "plan B".

Just curious, is there a code in game that can check is projectile (because speed echo are projectiles) and PLM are collided or not?

Crashtour99

I'm pretty sure based on game behavior that the PLMs will probably be just like the tile properties when it comes to projectiles.

From what I've observed:
Tiles and PLMs will only react to projectiles from Samus (beams/bombs/etc.).
Enemy/room projectiles CAN interact with tiles/PLMs if they are coded to do so (like produce an explosion if they touch a solid tile).  There are a few that do this, like the Torizo crescent wave attack or Ridley's fireballs.  Mostly they just pass through tiles like they aren't there.