News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

GearHead (car talk)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, July 24, 2011, 09:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_red_monk_called_Key

if you like every thing that has wheels and an engine your a gearhead

these are my favorite cars from each class
Sports Compact[spoiler]
Honda Prelude[/spoiler]
Musle car[spoiler]
Cuda[/spoiler]
Classic[spoiler]
Ford 49 Coupe[/spoiler]
Super car[spoiler]
Jaguar XJR-15[/spoiler]
Multi millon dollar race car[spoiler]
CLK GTR[/spoiler]
i don't like trucks but i saw this on Top gear and it rocks[spoiler]
Ford Raptor[/spoiler]
other[spoiler]Turbo Lawnmoweryou can turbo any thing[/spoiler]

Makinen rocked untel Subaru
Tommi Makinen's Huge Roll on Rally Argentina
that spectator is the luckyest of rally side spectators

Crashtour99

Those rally races have to be some of the most dangerous sports to watch (up close).  Seems like there's an awful lot of accidents.

Personally I enjoy the ones I can participate in.  We used to street race locally until I wrecked my Camaro @ 80 mph.  Cops shut our racing down after that, so we moved to Heartland Park (local dragstrip) so we could continue without police interference. 

A_red_monk_called_Key

QuoteWe used to street race locally until I wrecked my Camaro @ 80 mph
that sucks 69 Camaro is 2nd on my top muscle car list

back in high school we used to race betters down 4-wheeler trails for lunch money. friend of mine punch the engine threw the fire wall in hes la baron POS. that ended our rally dayz. used to watch Makinen on WRC, it sucks he don't race nomore[spoiler][/spoiler]

Blarget2

Is it wrong that my favorite car is a 2009 Nissan 350z?

A_red_monk_called_Key

only if you've seen this
[spoiler]
Nissan Skyline GTR R35 Vspec[/spoiler]

Blarget2

:holyf:

OK that's now my favorite car.

A_red_monk_called_Key

2 million dollar back flip
[spoiler]Mercedes CLR-GTR Lemans Flip[/spoiler]

Crashtour99

Quote from: Red-M0nk3y on July 25, 2011, 09:27:19 PM
QuoteWe used to street race locally until I wrecked my Camaro @ 80 mph
that sucks 69 Camaro is 2nd on my top muscle car list
To be fair, it was an '81 Berlinetta (2nd gen.) with a 305 and 2.48 rear gears.  Slow as hell until you got it on the highway.  Topped out at around 140 mph, but the wind flowing under the body made it unstable at that speed. 

Skyline:  Maybe it's just because I'm from an older generation of hotrodders, but I can't stand cars like that.  Giant wheels, slammed to the ground, side skirts and unnecessary spoilers, those horrid angles and body lines...   Makes em look like a life sized hot wheels toy.  Take that thing for a drive on a regular city street and the wheels and spoilers will be destroyed by the first pot hole or speed bump.  Might be functional on a racetrack, but good luck driving it anywhere else.

Video:  Good thing it landed right side up.  Indie cars are notorious for flying once a little bit of air gets under em.  Takes a lot of engineering to get em to stick to the ground.

A_red_monk_called_Key

QuoteMaybe it's just because I'm from an older generation of hotrodders, but I can't stand cars like that.  Giant wheels, slammed to the ground, side skirts and unnecessary spoilers, those horrid angles and body lines...   Makes em look like a life sized hot wheels toy

i hear what your saying. i think it may be more of location, because i'm from the same gen of hotroders. it just that import tuning was big here in 97, and kicked allot of ass before that shit movie (fast n ferrous) back in 99 nobody knew what we were driving our cars had super car looks and sound. now a dayz you won't catch me dead with a body kit on my car. (i want to run every FF want-a-be loser(all show and no go) off the road)

next gen could be really scary
[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler]