News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid EXP

Started by Borderjumper67, October 05, 2010, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borderjumper67

Thanks for the input guys! I'll have more screens or rooms up once I feel they are presentable.

I'm currently trying to make a custom title screen.(which is not going very well. Do not know where to start)

advancedpillow

Perhaps your time could be better spent if you directed your focus towards the guts of your hack and relegate the custom title screen to stuff you can take care of during the final touches process? I'm not telling you how to organize your workflow, I'm simply trying to be helpful in a practical sort of way.  :wink:

Edit: I really love the 2nd image up there, with the purple tiles from Brinstar. It looks unusual and...soft.

Qactis

I can see why they're boxy considering he's using a bunch of 32x32 tiles (hurr durr). Perhaps border try to draw some broken versions of those stones so you can have some slopes in your rooms, you know, ruins or something

Cadarot

Quote from: gunnargumpert on April 26, 2011, 08:55:17 PM
Picture 1 and 2 is pretty good!

But the others still need some practice. It's still too
boxy
boxy
boxy
boxy

try some

slopes
slopes
  slopes
You're an
idiot
idiot
idiot
idiot

Who knew squares were
s q u a r e s
q             q
u             u
a             a
r              r
e             e
s q u a r e s
(that is clearly a rectangle)
I personally like the feel of the rooms. They would seem very good for wall crawling enemies and respawning enemies. I'd like to see some more height if you're going to use nothing but right angles though

ProjectXVIII

The rooms do look pretty square, but the palette in the 2nd pic is awesome.

Borderjumper67

I tried my hand at redrawing some ruin tiles
Feedback?

Quietus

They look OK.  The problem with how they've been used is that there are too many of them, and it makes it clearer that you've just flipped the same tile.  I'd suggest either using less of them, or creating a few different ones.

Cadarot

Reduce the amount of cracks and it should looks fine. It needs a retouch is all, not a whole redraw.