News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Metroid: Chaos Rage

Started by Phazos: True Phazon deity, September 13, 2011, 10:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazos: True Phazon deity

Ok so this is the name of my Super Metroid hack. Thing is I need to figure out how to get things set up to work HOWEVER I have a grand idea. four or five of us all team up to make this hack into something epic and enjoyable.

I've done something like this before with a mod on a Metroid 2 remake site that is ran by DoctorM64. anyways the mod that was made was really good. and something for other mod crafters to try and out do.

ANYWAYS what I am trying to get at is that some of us all put something of our own skill into the making of this hack to turn it into something seriously epic...

In truth i can't seem to get SMILE to work with the Super Metroid ROM that I have... it's the JU version of the game but some reason it just won't show up on the list for opening a ROM to start editing...

Charmander106

Quote from: Phazos: True Phazon deity on September 13, 2011, 10:14:03 PM
Ok so this is the name of my Super Metroid hack. Thing is I need to figure out how to get things set up to work HOWEVER I have a grand idea. four or five of us all team up to make this hack into something epic and enjoyable.

I've done something like this before with a mod on a Metroid 2 remake site that is ran by DoctorM64. anyways the mod that was made was really good. and something for other mod crafters to try and out do.

ANYWAYS what I am trying to get at is that some of us all put something of our own skill into the making of this hack to turn it into something seriously epic...

In truth i can't seem to get SMILE to work with the Super Metroid ROM that I have... it's the JU version of the game but some reason it just won't show up on the list for opening a ROM to start editing...

1) Cool, if you need anything just ask me or post in the Engine Works on the forums, I got really good knowledge about how Super Metroid works and know my way around a hex editor.

2) Maybe you have a corrupt ROM. Try re-downloading the ROM, that all I have to say...

Zhs2

Technically you're supposed to have content before you start one of these, whether you're requesting the aid of other hackers or not. This determines whether or not 1) your hack is in progress and needs some aid to completion, and 2) you're dedicated to working on a project and already have some competent work done. I'll lock this for now until you have content; questions can be better asked in Engine Works if you're confused.

As a side note, try changing the extension to SMC or find a rom already in that format (although renaming it should be enough.)