News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Up

Started by Silver Skree, October 17, 2009, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylux

Tumbling downward
One little bird
Where'd he come from?
Why's he falling?
Who knows when he'll
Stop?

Past the mountains
Past wood and glen.
He'll land sometime
But who knows when?

Its in his mind
Something he'll find
Somewhere out there
Hidden safely
Object of his
Quest.

Ghosts are coming
They have his scent.
But he keeps falling
They don't know where he went.

Silver Skree

DAAAAAAAAAA
NAAAAAAA
NAAAAAAAA
NAAAAAAAAAAAA~

Silver Skree

Updated my sig with a map of the Labyrinth area, which will be the last section of Brinstar. The map also shows the progress of development. Red rooms are done, and red lines means the doors are connected. Brown lines mean the doors between rooms are not connected. Yellow is the way in/out, and that black line is the fastest way through the Labyrinth.

personitis

Mmmmm, mazes. Always fun. =)

RealRed

Quote from: Silver Skree on December 23, 2009, 10:47:21 PM
That is what I call two-dimensional depth, good sir!

EDIT:
[spoiler=In which I attempt to explain myself][/spoiler]
I know, this is so late, but this picture suddenly started making sense.

Hiroshi Mishima

So I was checking out what Silver's done so far, helped him find a glitch even, and I gotta say that I'm really liking what I've seen. That tweaking he did to Red Brinstar's tileset is very soothing and a nice change of pace, too. It's like having a new tileset without really making one, which isn't to say he didn't make anything new because there are definitely some rooms which have tilesets he made.

Just saying that, in general, it looks like Up is coming along nicely. I'm even more psyched to play the finished hack whenever he actually completes it.

Silver Skree

Actually, there are no custom tiles in Up.

Yet.

That will change, soon.

Also, finally kicked Labyrinth's ass. Removed map, so the people who didn't swipe a copy while I had it in my sig are out of luck :P

However, here's a very helpful hint for when you do play it: Draw.

personitis

Quote from: Silver Skree on January 18, 2010, 03:26:26 AM
Also, finally kicked Labyrinth's ass. Removed map, so the people who didn't swipe a copy while I had it in my sig are out of luck :P
Photographic memory ftw.

And with a maze and now a puzzling clue, you sound like you're starting to make a puzzle book or something.

Bioniclegenius

I was looking forward to this and all, but it appears to be halted. Is this fact or fiction? Can we confirm this as 'dead' or 'alive?'

Silver Skree

Consider it alive; I'm just taking a vacation from hacking in general all around. Not sure when I'll be back at it. Time will tell.

Bioniclegenius

So cryogenic stasis, until a cure for homework is found or can be applied. Namely, summer.

Draconis Kenjishiya

School: the ultimate antithesis to any hack otherwise well-planned and carried out dutifully. Sigh.

Looks awesome, incredibly awesome, at any rate.

Malpercio

Silver Skree

Right. No progress for the time being. Now stop ranting about school in my thread. That's not what's been putting this on hold. Hehehe. :heheh:

I've had other plans that I've been taking care of.