News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid "Deliverance"

Started by NAM, September 18, 2010, 12:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAM

Unnamed. First hack I'm actually dedicated to finishing. Started with the map. Have a looksie.

For those who don't love/click on links, hopefully you love/can click on Spoiler boxes because my full map is so big. (Wait for it... wait for it...*)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

There shall be repointing, there shall be some new Graphics, there shall be some palette edits but there will be no balls-to-the-wall difficulty. Oh, and you need the Wave Beam. Just putting that out there.

*That is, in fact, what she said.

Tyjet66

Impressive looking map! That reminds me, I need to redo my Brinstar.  :T_T:

personitis

Quote from: NAM on September 18, 2010, 12:55:05 PM*That is, in fact, what she said.
This got a good chuckle outta me. :) I like the map so far. A few pics of level design would be cool as well. As I'm sure we're all curious to see what we can expect. =D Keep up the work.

NAM

Okay, I figured I should give the backstory of the hack before going into all my whatnot.

[spoiler]"Basically, not long after Samus's first interception of the Space Pirate's plan on Zebes (NEStroid), the Galactic Federation summons her services again for a hyper-discrete mission. GFHQ lost contact with a major research facility implanted on the moon of Rama V which orbits Rama, a massive gas giant in the Ganymede97 solar system. Among the many facilities located on Rama V, there are weapons development labs, biological research buildings and even terra-forming research.

Once Samus arrives, she find the area crawling with a rogue Space Pirate clan known as the "Deliverance." This extensive clan has only recently reared its ugly head and is searching multiple GF Research Labs for something."[/spoiler]

So here's a picture of the second room in the hack, a basic hallway, and also a place with respawning bats for some limitless refills.

Silver Skree

This reminds me a LOT of my old, old old, abandoned Amidos project. First fullhack I ever started, looked pretty good for my skill at the time. Should pick it back up sometime...

Also, sorry, will edit this post to give critisizm later. Too tired right now, just felt like posting that.

NAM

New room, gaise.  (It's huge, BTW)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the room at the end of the hallway I last showed. No, there are no items here except for a Missile Tank reachable only after you get Bombs. The Chozo Statue is holding an empty egg. The bottom-right door leads to a small hallway that ends in a Power Bomb door. This door leads to the Endgame area. The bottom-left door leads on to the rest of the Sky Dock.

Parabox

Not too shabby, try to use more matching tiles.

Lunaria

Nothing clashing with the tiles, the palette is the issue here. The CRE needs to be more tuned to green/gray in order for this room to shine. :<

NAM

Quote from: Crys on September 25, 2010, 06:40:20 PM
Nothing clashing with the tiles, the palette is the issue here. The CRE needs to be more tuned to green/gray in order for this room to shine. :<

Yeah, I just darkened the palette; I have to say, it worked miracles.  XD