News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

New Exodus

Started by Kasel, September 06, 2010, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasel

I've been working on the rooms and so far, I have removed all the permastucks ive been able to find which should be at least 99% of them.  I've worked a little on remapping the rooms as well so that the minimap works correctly.  I'm going to be adding more detail to them as well when I get around to it...

On that note...I NEED screenshots...Can somebody tell me again how to take snapshots while in-game?

Quietus

To get a picture from your emu, you just set up a screenshot button.  ZSNES's is under MISC > MISC KEYS (SNAPSHOT), and snes9x's is under Input > Customise Hotkeys... (save screenshot).

Kasel

Where do they save to so I know?

Nevermind, I found it.  Where's a good site to host it for placement on here or can I just upload them just to my post?

Katelyn

They save to the folder where the .smc is located. If you take a picture, then it is in smile>Files>temp. Then you look for the picture. ;D

Zhs2

Quote from: IMetroRat
LMFAO10000000
You too.

Kasel

Guess what?  Screens!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Tyjet66

I'm really digging those pics man, the morphball one was posted twice though.

Kasel

Now there is only one Morphball room pic. =D 

Digital_Mantra

Thanks for finally posting some screens. I put them in the initial post.

Thoughts: Pretty good stuff. I don't usually play demos so I'll wait for the finished version.
Nice work.

Quietus

Nice work, Kasel.  You seem to have a good grasp of what looks good together, which isn't always as easy as it sounds.  Keep 'em comin'. :^_^:

Silver Skree

Those screens look pretty sweet, and also hi Phazon.

One bit of advice: Horizontally flip the ladder-looking thing in screenshot 6. IMO, it's better to keep objects' brighter-shaded parts to the top/left as a general and very loose rule, just to match the way the rest of the game's tiles do shading. For example, bricks. This usually applies when you don't have any distinct lighting source and the tile isn't symmetrically shaded.

Kasel

Thanks guys.  Well...That phazon set isn't really being used as phazon...I may just end up calling it ice or something, I'm not sure yet but I don't feel like adding damage tiles so yeah.

As for that ladder type deal, if you think it would look better flipped, I'll do it.  It's not like flipping a few tiles is that hard. LOL :3

VideoGeemer

Quote from: herald83 on September 08, 2010, 01:04:02 AM
To reiterate, the getting stuck @ Spore Spawn issue is big.  This should not be doable.  Personally, I would swap that Charge Beam for the first Missile pack and slap a red door on the path to Spore Spawn (it's easier) but if you can work out a way to tweak the events to go off when the Charge Beam is picked up, more power to you.

That's a good idea. Another idea it so have something blocking the entry to Spawn's area that you need a charge beam to get through. Before I got too frustrated with Eris, I saw there were a couple places with this very thing.

VG

Kasel

New Exodus has been placed on Hiatus for the time being.  I've just been busy with too many other things and there is a major bug halting progression.  

Kasel

This hack is done.  Gone.  Finished.  I will never be working on it again.

On a lighter note, I have begun a new project that will break the bounds that this hack would never have broken. ^^  Topic soon.

P.S This topic can be locked and/or deleted.  Thank you.