News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

What the Frak?

Started by Phazar, July 11, 2009, 05:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phazar

See attached picture for the screwed-up sig after my last post.  This has happened to me before as well, so this must be fixed.

Zhs2

Odd. I've never seen this myself before. What browser are you using? :icon_eek:

I should also complain at you for having an overlarge sig, too. >:\

Phazar

I'm using Internet Explorer 8.  Also, I might remove one of those quotes anyway, seeing how large it is(but it was not over the text limit!).

Edit: It happened again.  It seems to occur whenever I edit my posts.  In fact, it happened now when I edited this post, too!

personitis

I've seen this all over the place (not EVERYWHERE, but you catch my drift). I to an using IE8. Something to do with browser I suppose.

Edit: Editing to see if it's because of using the Modify button... (edit2) Nope, not for me.
Edit3: Quick edit does...
Edit 4: Still does nothing. =\

Phazar

Quote from: person701 on July 12, 2009, 01:16:28 AM
Editing to see if it's because of using the Modify button... (edit2) Nope, not for me.
It usually happens with the Quick Edit button, not a full Modify.

Zhs2

Perhaps SMF just wasn't made for IE8's internal rendering engine; I suppose Metroid2002 or others using the same forum software would work the same. Use FireFox 3's rendering engine, it works for me! ;D

personitis

Well it's not definatly not something that bothers me, so I won't be switching over (not like I could with the memory left on my hard drive <_<)

Phazar

IIRC, IE8's "Compatibility View" button fixes this problem, but it causes loading to take longer, so I just keep it off.  It's not like it's too much of a problem anyway.

Big Gay Cell

I use IE8 as well, and I seem to have no problems with the forum what-so-ever.  May just an issue loading the page.  Either way, it doesn't seem to be something that changes the experience of the forum.