News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Ice Metal 2: Oh hey look this topic again!

Started by Lunaria, August 28, 2010, 01:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No poll

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

ProjectXVIII

There are Fusion and ZM backgrounds (and foreground tilesets) on Metroid Fan Mission, that's where I got mine.

Qactis

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 02, 2010, 10:25:48 PM
Don't know if this'll help or not, but here's a background rip from Fusion (not done by me btw).   :wink:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I just replayed fusion it looks vaguely similar to Area 6 (NRC)

Lunaria

Since people keep bothering me about it being cancelled I'm just going to state it outright:
[spoiler]

No, it's not. :/[/spoiler]

Zhs2

good job posting as if it were

this is strictly your fault you know

Lunaria

I thought it was pretty obvious from my wall of text post that it was not... mainly the first few lines. :p

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Crys on November 28, 2010, 07:12:43 PM
Since people keep bothering me about it being cancelled I'm just going to state it outright:
[spoiler]

No, it's not. :/[/spoiler]

This is gonna give me nightmares for weeks, I just know it.  :lol:

Lunaria

DSO

Interesting to see how we have different approaches to designing and room building with the same tileset. I'm glad to see you're putting it to good use.

Sting_Chameleon

This is great! So far, I haven't finished IM1 yet, cause I'm stuck, LOL. But other than that, this is just amazing already. I vant to play the hack! But I'm not gonna rush ya. Matter in fact, I'm gonna continue with messing around with SMILE. :)

Qactis

level design strategy? Cool
song choice? ... Not my style  :yaynoes:

geeRSzz

Lunaria

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I just generally pick music I like and have on my HDD.  :smileyspam:

Digital_Mantra

It's interesting to see how other people level design.
Nice room btw. Funky tileset.

Lunaria

Necro bump, go!
(I can't believe this topic have been dead for almost a year!)

Right, so to sum things up:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Happen (not really) and I kinda lost the hack.

Not so much that I lost but that I'm lacking a way of retreving it ATM. But hey, that's fine, since I only need the assembly patches sadi made and the list of manual hex edits I made. The reason is quite simple (and also the reason for the necro bump) I'm starting over with IM2.

The hack was going nowhere fast, in both senses, and it was quite clear that the direction I wanted the hack to take was not what most people wanted. I will therefor rework and ditch the tileset I have been using so far when starting over, and instead focus on making something new that I will have an easier time working with. I really liked how what I did came out with the old one, but most people did not agree with that, and to top it off, it was tedius to work with. So hey, why waste ton of effort on something people will not like, right?

I'm most likely going to ditch dual layering when moving on to the new reboot. I'm not good att it, and it takes way too long for each room if you ask me. I'd rather make few rooms look really high detail to make them stick out rather then making all of them do that. If people want to play for graphical looks that are over my level, then that's fine, they can skip over Ice metal and Ice metal 2. I design my hacks since I want to, and to make a nice metroid gameplay experience, and as long as I can do that, I will be happy.

This news have been around for a while, but I thought I would make an official post about it to let people know. I would also like to inform people that there is no reason to worry about this at all. I had to make several reboots of my design before Ice metal was done, and so have many other hacks. :P

I guess I should also note that the biggest reason why I'm starting anew on a new ROM rather then using the old one is some room data that have been giving me no ends to troubles.

altoiddealer

Absolutely loved IM1!  Probably the only SM hack that I will actually replay again

The only negative thing I can say about IM1 is there was a lack of save stations.  If I recall correctly there was only 1 in Deep Ice (which was huge, and I got trashed by Draygon many many times) and I think there should have been one closer to Phantoon as well

Looking forward IM2!