News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid - LotB - prologue FINISHED

Started by stat!k, August 04, 2010, 03:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you rate this hack?

1-2 crap
0 (0%)
3-4 meh
0 (0%)
5-6 its ok
5 (45.5%)
6-7 i like it
3 (27.3%)
8-9 its quite good
2 (18.2%)
10 i love this
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

stat!k

EDIT:
/----------------------------------------------\
| LotB is officially finished, story and patch below |
\----------------------------------------------/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

/-------\
| STORY |
\-------/
deep within samus' former homeworld, Zebes, a great danger is brooding, a beast
so powerful, that if it ever awoke, it could destroy the galactic federation, destroy
everything.

5 years ago, upon mining zebes for -missing data- the galactic federation stumbled upon this great beast.
fleeing the planet as fast as possable the galactic federation failed to shut down the LO.N.R. system. LO.N.R. is a massive low-orbit nuclear reactor and has been pumping power into the station for the past 5 years, with nowhere for the power to go, it slowly built up in the station. the LO.N.R station is soon reaching the end of its life, and will eventualy 'fall' onto the planets surface, setting off a massive nuclear explosion. waking the beast.

your mission, is to make your way to the LO.N.R station and manualy shut off the power. this is highly dangerous, normaly the station must be supercooled and then shut down, however we cannot afford to gamble that the stations cooling is still operational. you only have a 1/100 chance of survival. good luck.

-missing data-

Scyzer

Would I be accurate in the assumption that you have a hell of a lot of filters on those pics?

Also it might be a good idea to reply to people even if you don't need/want them. It's just polite, plus it lets them know why instead of them not knowing at all :P

stat!k

1. no, no filters at all, just resizing makes it go all weird.
2. true, ok
thanks sadiztyk

Digital_Mantra

probably the worst custom door gfx i've ever seen in my life but i like the screenshots.

stat!k

crushed.........  :sad:  oh well, ill just draw some more for LotB 2

Quietus

All criticism should be taken constructively, even if it's worded DMan style. :razz:

I agree about the doors - the bubble seems fine, but the white bars(?) look really, really odd.

stat!k

ok, im not used to D yet, oh well im not going to change the doors now unless it really is that bad  :whoa:

Quietus

Well, to be honest, the change would only take you 15-20 minutes, and I think it'd be worthwhile. :cool:

Silver Skree

IMetroRat

Just use some of Crys downloadable CRE files, THERE THE SHIT THESE DAYS! :heheh:

Katelyn

Quote from: IMetroRat on August 04, 2010, 12:20:07 PM
Just use some of Crys downloadable CRE files, THERE THE SHIT THESE DAYS! :heheh:

Maybe he doesn't because he wants to be ORIGINAL by making his own doors? Ever thought of that.

Also, redraw your doors plzkthx.

Hiroshi Mishima

Yeah, the doors were my biggest issue with your Room of the Week entry. I'd be willing to give it a play through as a tester since I'm a longtime Super Metroid player (and known here so I won't steal anything), but just so you know I'm not the best "super player" as in pulling off tricks and the like. I also dislike stuff such as artificial difficulty and such so I'll probably be pretty critical of my playing it if I do. :p

I can't seem to get anywhere in my hack at the time, so since I can't release shit for the time being I'd be willing to help the community out in another way.

stat!k

ok then, majority has it, the doors will be redrawn,
1: completely new? redo it all?
2: just the door not bubble.
3: just bubble not door. (doubt it but i thought i would put it out there)

they are to be completely redone, but i need some help, when i open the door i want some door to remain but there
is a code running somewhere that just clears the space that the bubble occupied, thus making it imposable to do what i want to do.
could someone please help me? either by giving me a hex tweak, or teaching me how to find these elusive numbers. thanks!

Scyzer

I'm not sure what code you're talking about. the bubble is a 16x64 area, and all of that is used for a closed door, half for open. if you want some of the bubble to still be there after opening, just change the tiletables for the opening animations along the top, and the fully open door at the lower left of the CRE so that the bubble you want there when open is in the 16x16 blocks.

Hiroshi Mishima

Did the door thing work out for you? I know you said you were having trouble, but I think you got some help or advice. I'll start test playing it as soon as I finish eating my lunch and may pop into the chatroom while doing so, unless you're not there in which case I'll just make some notes.

I did have two questions, though. 1) About how big would you say this is compared to Super Metroid? 2) Do you have an item count I should be looking out for? Just wanting to keep my bases covered. If you'd prefer to answer in a PM that's fine.

Phazar

What's so bad about the doors?  They actually look a bit cool, not to mention that very few hacks have doors like that.  Be unique in your hacking!

stat!k

hiroshi:
1)will get back to you on the item count, gotta go count it! 30 items total but most will only get 29 (i have made space-jump an Easter egg)
2)ummmmm 1/3 the size? should only take you about 1 hour and a half, my record is 40 minutes
phazar: thanks, but majority rules (plus i can do better, i know i can)

Hiroshi Mishima

Sorry I couldn't get to it today, family stuff came up. I'll get on it tomorrow (or rather today?) when I wake up.

EDIT: Been playing it for a while and it's pretty good so far. Ran into a few things that I started emailing you about already. But since that email the list has grown so once you reply I will give you an expanded list.

stat!k

ok, cool i have looked at the email and fixed everything mentioned except the start button crash, am waiting for that extended list
[spoiler][/spoiler]

yes/no for the new doors? got any ideas on improving them? keep it? scrap it? i dunno

Silver Skree

That's certainly different. Not sure how I feel about having just a barrier with no tube. It's unique though, so I say go for it. They don't look bad at all.

And fix that suit palette already.  :fukken:

stat!k

okokok, i will fix the suit. but first.. with special thanks to UTK i give you...
THE GENERATOR. its basicly a mega refill station, UTK's mega refill, with my crappy drawing skillzzzzz = this

Quietus

Re: Doors

For me, it wasn't the door bubble itself, but the weird, gross white bar thing behind it that needed changing.  Perhaps others were talking about the bubble... :O_o:

Untouchablekill

Damn straight the that laser thing is known as The Generator!!! That was one fun lesson xD

stat!k

Quote from: Quietus on August 08, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
Re: Doors

For me, it wasn't the door bubble itself, but the weird, gross white bar thing behind it that needed changing.  Perhaps others were talking about the bubble... :O_o:
well i dunno, i sorta like this better anyway, its simpler and wont break with palette changes =D

UTK:im thinking of redrawing it abit, make the beam thinner and the machine more..... better, ill post a screenie in abit

slim generator, what do you think? think or thin?

MetroidMst

I would get rid of the piping in the middle of the beam when the door is open, but that is just me.

Apparently I missed your latest picture. I think the newest one is much better because there is no metal stuff hanging in mid-air after the door is open.