News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

DH Release Thread(Updated for November 2012!)

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

This topic is for any help anyone might need with the Metroid Zero Mission Editor Double Helix. Before posting, though, be sure you have the latest version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/DoubleHelix.zip

Also, please post MF features and questions in the similar thread on that board.

interdpth

interdpth

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/DoubleHelix.exe

New version, sprite bug fixed.
Please alert me via PM to any bugs.

interdpth

DH release is incoming!

Brings with it some bug fixes, I am working on a full recode of the engine. DH now checks to see if there's enough free space when saving a level before it auto-repoints it. Room importing and exporting will be a thing.

(First working import)

Has some bugs but it's getting there! Release after I do some prelim bug testing and finish some features.

interdpth

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/DoubleHelix.zip
Updated with room import/exporter(Still buggy and doesn't export backgrounds, sorry :( just copy and paste pointers for now will be fixed in next release)
DH now overwrites if the new layer saved is smaller then the old, otherwise it repoints. Should also automatically expand the ROM as well.
Fixed some sprite bugs
Speed increase
Stability increase.

Enjoy!

FlamingCobra

Quote from: interdpth on November 10, 2012, 10:23:37 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/DoubleHelix.zip
Updated with room import/exporter(Still buggy and doesn't export backgrounds, sorry :( just copy and paste pointers for now will be fixed in next release)
DH now overwrites if the new layer saved is smaller then the old, otherwise it repoints. Should also automatically expand the ROM as well.
Fixed some sprite bugs
Speed increase
Stability increase.

Enjoy!
Fusion works fine. When I open Zero Mission, all the sprites are blank. Even in the Sprite Editor.
Edit1: DH always freezes whenever I use the room importer. The room exporter works fine, and although it doesn't specify a file type, I assume it doesn't need one. Maybe I'm just not using the importer/exporter correctly. Have you tested it?
Edit2: "Export bitmap of room" works, but DH always crashes after I use it. But it does make a bitmap file of the room.
Edit3: .png works too. Still crashes though.
Edit4: Eventually got the room exporter to "sorta work". I wrote "BOOM" in super missile blocks on the first room in MZM, exported it as "export" (no file extension) changed rooms without saving and came back, and imported "export". it gave me "BOOM" but it also gave me a bunch of scrambled tiles with scrambled clipdata. But DH did not crash that time.

interdpth

Okay,  not sure why the sprite issue is occuring... I'll look into the rest and have a copy out by EoW

FlamingCobra

.ico files

Pick your poison.

interdpth

Tileset importer woo

Will have full instructional tutorial and video(DH makes it really easy but you still need to do a few things manually)

Malpercio

Quote from: FlamingCobra on November 25, 2012, 01:23:15 PM
When I open Zero Mission, all the sprites are blank. Even in the Sprite Editor.

Oh, so you've already reported that bug a long while back.
But yeah, that. Haven't tried fusion rom.

interdpth

It occurred for me early, gonna try to track it down.

interdpth

interdpth

Old GUI is now a thing, I have to work on a layer enabler, getting resize to work properly. Get the spriteset editor up and going and room export/import.

Then it should be ready for a release :)

FlamingCobra

I take it that by "Old GUI is now a thing" you mean that there will be an option to switch back?

The new interface is nice and clean, and I like that. It also looks a lot like SMILE, which I'm sure many will see as a welcome change. However, I don't really like the map being attached like that. I'd rather have my map as a separate window and be able to resize it. And I do. At 1920x1080, there aren't any rooms (that I can think of) where I can't display the entire width of the room on my screen (but some rooms are just too tall to display on one screen). See, I'd rather not use the scroll bar if I don't have to.
On the other hand, I don't mind the tileset being attached to the main program. In fact, I think I like it better that way. Perhaps you could make a two window interface? Or maybe you could implement a system where the tileset and the map can be "docked" with the main program, and that way people can do whatever the hell they want with it.

I'm supposing by layer enabler you mean "a thing where you can create a foreground for a room that doesn't already have one."
I'm not sure what you're doing with the spriteset editor. It was working before. Well... kind of. it was wonky. You could only do certain things with certain sets, but once you figured out the "rules" it kinda worked.
I'm glad to see you're finally going to fix room import/export. I'm also curious as to how that new tileset importer will work, but I don't know if I'll be able to try it out because I don't have any custom tilesets.

interdpth, you've done so much for ZM/MF hacking and I really appreciate all the hard work you put into the editor. I can only hope that Double Helix keeps getting better and better!
Thank you so much for your continued support of the GBAtroid hacking community!

interdpth

As per ZF had, there will be an option to have a map window that's external to edit on.

Malpercio

FlamingCobra

Quote from: Malpercio on January 23, 2013, 02:54:49 PM
Aww, I like my three separate windows.
See, this is why I want a docking system. That way people can make it however the hell they like it.

interdpth

As per ZF had, you'll be able to have a map on it's own window with the click of a button

I'm actually working on a hack so I'm making this robust as fuck

interdpth

Quietus

I had a quick look.  The only thing that jumped out at me was under room options, where the four buttons on the left-hand side appear to be obscuring your view of two tick boxes.

FlamingCobra

[spoiler][/spoiler]
what's up with these dashed lines? Happens in many rooms in every area.

• The thing Quietus said about the check boxes not being visible under room options
  • the save platform sprite thingy doesn't show up in any save room (ZM)
  • The room importer imports without crashing now! \o/ But it doesn't work right
  • If there's a way to go back to the split window interface, I haven't found it yet

[spoiler][/spoiler]
dafoque is this?

• Shittons of sprites in Fusion don't even show up
  • I thought interdpth said he had a working tileset importer
  • Going past room 21 in TRO crashes DH
  • You can't resize the window at all. That means I'm stuck with a small viewing area.
  • I'm not sure what "export bitmap of tileset" is for, given that all of MZM and MF's tilesets have already been ripped. And if you do, funny things happen to the top.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

• A new ROM cannot be opened after opening a Fusion ROM
  • the clipboard is wonky
  • I see the file description is still on your TODO list
  • the text editor crashes at 873C29C
  • and at 8739D58, and probably some other places too
  • and I know more stuff is broke but I don't feel like looking for it right now

Malpercio

That's your big issue?

I already posted these on IRC, but I guess I might as well post them here too.
[spoiler=because two decently sized images]

[/spoiler]
Also room export seemed to work fine, but room import crashed DH and fucked the sprites in the room I was in.

interdpth

Quote from: FlamingCobra on February 25, 2013, 03:14:32 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
what's up with these dashed lines? Happens in many rooms in every area.

• The thing Quietus said about the check boxes not being visible under room options
  • the save platform sprite thingy doesn't show up in any save room (ZM)
  • The room importer imports without crashing now! \o/ But it doesn't work right
  • If there's a way to go back to the split window interface, I haven't found it yet

[spoiler][/spoiler]
dafoque is this?

• Shittons of sprites in Fusion don't even show up
  • I thought interdpth said he had a working tileset importer
  • Going past room 21 in TRO crashes DH
  • You can't resize the window at all. That means I'm stuck with a small viewing area.
  • I'm not sure what "export bitmap of tileset" is for, given that all of MZM and MF's tilesets have already been ripped. And if you do, funny things happen to the top.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

• A new ROM cannot be opened after opening a Fusion ROM
  • the clipboard is wonky
  • I see the file description is still on your TODO list
  • the text editor crashes at 873C29C
  • and at 8739D58, and probably some other places too
  • and I know more stuff is broke but I don't feel like looking for it right now
You actually gave a bug report! I'm so proud.

Quote from: Malpercio on February 25, 2013, 03:24:57 AM
That's your big issue?

I already posted these on IRC, but I guess I might as well post them here too.
[spoiler=because two decently sized images]

[/spoiler]
Also room export seemed to work fine, but room import crashed DH and fucked the sprites in the room I was in.

Sweet thanks

interdpth

The zombie is from a png.

Still lots to due before release. But another checkup version will be coming

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/NEVERDELETE/ZeroFission%20%281%29.zip <---last copy of zf everz I don't even have sauce anymore

Uikri

How can I go about actually editing the sprites? Are we not able to access Samus' sprites?