News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

DH Release Thread(Updated for November 2012!)

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 11:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biospark

I would have posted this in the Fusion section, but the release thread there is locked for some reason. I've figured out what the unknown values are for sprites/enemies.

The one labeled "DMG ???" in DoubleHelix is the damage reduction percent for the varia suit and gravity suit. A value of 10 means damage is 30%/10% of the original, 11 = 60%/30%, 12 = 80%/10%, 13 = 90%/80%. I believe 30%/10% is the default.

The ones labeled "Unknown1/2/3" are the probabilities of x parasite drops. Unknown1 is for health x, unknown2 is for missile x, and unknown3 is for red x. Since they all add up to 0x400, they can be divided by 0x400 to obtain the probability. A random number between 1 and 0x400 is used for the calculation. Red x are checked first, then missile, then health. This is why most enemies have a small value for red x, while eyedoors have a value of 0x0400.

P.JBoy

... Now that you mention it, it's so obvious. Thanks

interdpth

Scrolls are like windows.

Using a mouse, what would be the best way you guys would edit a window?

biospark

This is how it's set up in my editor. You click and drag the corners. So I guess that's what I consider the best way.

interdpth

That's what I did, and no one liked that method.

Quietus

I must have missed something, as I recall Double Helix never being that easy, and this certainly doesn't sound like 'click and drag the corners':
QuoteTo edit scrolls, you can click and drag anywhere within the scroll to place the top-left corner on the tile your mouse is located at, or you can right-click and drag to change the scroll's dimensions.

interdpth

Quote from: Quietus on October 03, 2015, 01:07:03 PM
I must have missed something, as I recall Double Helix never being that easy, and this certainly doesn't sound like 'click and drag the corners':
QuoteTo edit scrolls, you can click and drag anywhere within the scroll to place the top-left corner on the tile your mouse is located at, or you can right-click and drag to change the scroll's dimensions.

It's pretty easy
http://interdpth.arc-nova.org/DHDev.zip

Stable for use until Biosparks editor comes out. About 75% recoded, missing features, but powerful <3

passarbye

Didn't know you were still updating this, I'll check it out while I'm waiting on biospark  :heheh:

interdpth

Quote from: passarbye on June 20, 2016, 02:02:07 PM
Didn't know you were still updating this, I'll check it out while I'm waiting on biospark  :heheh:

I poked at it every months, started learning how AI worked so been using this. It's stable and great, but I'm also waiting on Biosparks editor

catroid

Where can I download double helix? All of the download links have 404 errors.

FelixWright

Don't use double helix, it is inferior to MAGE.

interdpth

Double Helix 2 should be dropping July, check for a new thread then. Use Mage until then.