News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Samus's EPIC Mission

Started by MrOrangePony, May 25, 2020, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrOrangePony

This hack should come out soon. It features amazing music by da one and only Alexman25.I also added high quality songs using samples aswell :nod: This is a vanilla mod with a fun twist, things have been moved around and the physics and palletes look EPIC! Hopefully many will play, if not they would have missed out. 
[spoiler=Screenshots]

[/spoiler]
STILL WIP so many things will be changed and looking more clean, unlike current kraid. More room redesigns a bit too! all items will be in different areas

Miranda Gemini

Without trying to be too harsh... this looks truly awful.
If your only draw for players are these awful palettes (which look straight up like errors), music created by someone else, and having moved the items, I can't actually imagine this being any good.
When you describe it as a "vanilla" hack, it sounds to me like essentially what you're making is a really ugly version of an Item Randomiser.
The second screenshot is particularly egregious, because it's almost as though you've overwritten the palette (particularly because the HUD looks broken), didn't know how to fix it, and called it done. If this isn't the case, it's arguably worse because that means you intentionally made that awful.
My suggestion? I'd probably call this a learning experience, scrap it, and actually learn how to design levels. You'll learn to create something much more enjoyable that way, and at the very least it'll feel like you've actually created a hack, and not just a bad palette swap.

alexman25

This looks like a great hack brewing, and I am proud to be a part of it.

MrOrangePony

Quote from: ♊︎ on May 26, 2020, 02:14:53 AM
Without trying to be too harsh... this looks truly awful.
If your only draw for players are these awful palettes (which look straight up like errors), music created by someone else, and having moved the items, I can't actually imagine this being any good.
When you describe it as a "vanilla" hack, it sounds to me like essentially what you're making is a really ugly version of an Item Randomiser.
The second screenshot is particularly egregious, because it's almost as though you've overwritten the palette (particularly because the HUD looks broken), didn't know how to fix it, and called it done. If this isn't the case, it's arguably worse because that means you intentionally made that awful.
My suggestion? I'd probably call this a learning experience, scrap it, and actually learn how to design levels. You'll learn to create something much more enjoyable that way, and at the very least it'll feel like you've actually created a hack, and not just a bad palette swap.

don't worry improvements are underway, I feel if you try it, it will be very good and you will change your mind, just stay tuned and wait for the release, a huge game changer will come its way :)

Scooterboot9697

This is clearly just the Zero Mission version of Christener Homenag.