News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

A mercenary spriter

Started by Sylux, June 07, 2009, 04:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylux

Hello, metconstruct. I am a spriter of fortune. I will create tiles, enemies, and other sprites for anyone who wants them. I have no morals, and will lend my skills to any romhacker, no matter how disreputable.

Here is a sampling of my work:

Lunaria

Great! Just what I need.

I need you to make some cavern styled tiles and a matching background.
You have 15 colors for the cavern tiles and 15 colors for the BG. (16 with transparent)
Each tile should be 16x16 pixels.

Any objections lady?   :lol:

Sylux

Quote from: Crys on June 07, 2009, 04:54:41 PM
Great! Just what I need.

I need you to make some cavern styled tiles and a matching background.
You have 15 colors for the cavern tiles and 15 colors for the BG. (16 with transparent)
Each tile should be 16x16 pixels.

Give me more details.

How big do you need this tileset to be? What colors? What sort of terrain besides "cave." Anything growing in it, or just rock? Etc.

GF_Kennon

Possibly something on the lines of this

Seeing as i have now been made redundant, make sure you do a good job on these tiles and i also would like to thank you for doing this, its nice too see another willing to help others, just dont let everything creep up on you.

maybe a little grassy variations of the same tiles, ground and ruins. thats what GK wants.

Phazar

Those are some pretty nice sprites and tiles.  However, isn't this topic more appropriate in the Arts forum(or maybe the General Hacking forum)?

Sylux

Kennon-

Holy shit, those tiles are awesome! Better than anything I've ever done, I must admit. I only hope I can live up to those standards.

Phazar-

If this thread belongs in a different forum, could you or someone else move this thread there?

Zhs2

These are niiiiiice. However, Phazar beat me to the punch. These can be used in other games than Super Metroid (even if said game is the main choice for hacking around har.) So, movement is to occur shortly...

Also, that first one reminds me of a pipes-style game. :D

Lunaria

GF, don't feel that way, I think you should keep working on the tiles (they look okay and I would be lying if I said they look very good ATM. But I'm sure you can finish them!) If there are more tiles made it's better in any case.

Sylux: I don't really care about exactly what is in the tile set or how many tiles there are in it.
You can't make MORE then 381 tiles though. (A tile is 8x8 pixels in this case.)

Sylux

Tileset complete. Just need to add one or two others for transition between rock and ruins (especially for the background).

Jathys

How do you feel about creating graphics based off nothing but a loose concept (loose, because the concept isn't even fully clear to the coder) knowing that the graphics may not be used at all if the concept isn't chosen?  Of course, these could be very roughly done until a correct concept was found.

[spoiler]Yes, this is a serious question.[/spoiler]

Lunaria

Quote from: Sylux on June 08, 2009, 01:33:06 AM
Tileset complete. Just need to add one or two others for transition between rock and ruins (especially for the background).

Allright, thanks I will start porting it to SNES format!

Sylux

Quote from: Jathys on June 16, 2009, 09:31:28 PM
How do you feel about creating graphics based off nothing but a loose concept (loose, because the concept isn't even fully clear to the coder) knowing that the graphics may not be used at all if the concept isn't chosen?  Of course, these could be very roughly done until a correct concept was found.

[spoiler]Yes, this is a serious question.[/spoiler]

If its an interesting concept, I'd gladly do it.

rolando

would you have the time to make samus sprites in her dark suit,light suit in every movement she makes just like in super metroid? from morphball to screw attack..
it would be cool but in 2D?

Lunaria

I hope at least that you know what you are asking for befor asking...

rolando

Quote from: Crys on July 20, 2009, 03:07:15 AM
I hope at least that you know what you are asking for befor asking...
oh i know i just wanted to know if it was possible for him to make the samus sprites like in super metroid but just with the dark suit and light suit..because i wanted to use them in my GM game that im trying to make..i hope that i didn't offend anyone.??

if he has the time though

because i've been trying to look for them online but no luck..i could only find phazon suit and fusion suit (super metroid style) which im planning on using too..

Sylux

Sorry Rolando, but I'm afraid I'm a bit overburdened at the moment. A number of people here and elsewhere have asked me for sprites, so it will be a while until I can take new requests...especially huge ones like a Samus resprite.  :icon_sad:

rolando

Quote from: Sylux on July 23, 2009, 10:33:39 PM
Sorry Rolando, but I'm afraid I'm a bit overburdened at the moment. A number of people here and elsewhere have asked me for sprites, so it will be a while until I can take new requests...especially huge ones like a Samus resprite.  :icon_sad:
its ok my friend i understand