News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

well this SUCKS!

Started by Reaper901, June 27, 2010, 09:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper901

everything that i have done so far has been lost, my old comps hard drive has been anihillated by a virus, so all of my smx work, all my hex changes, tile changes and idea plans are gone. i dont even know if im going to still make the trillogy now, as all of my work has been re-started so many times before. so its back to the drawing board, again :cry:, so this has left me thinking of a completly new trillogy, but im going to concentrate on getting the first one planned out and rebuilt both graphically as well as the games innerds, hex, possible asm, ect. before i plann the others out, and will be backing up to multiple storage systems and flash drives to prevent me loosing it all. well peace out, ill keep you posted on the latest progress and ideas soon!

wax on, wax off

gunnargumpert

i'm sorry!

that is shit

did you release a test version, beta version...?

if not it's even more shit

Reaper901

Quote from: gunnargumpert on June 27, 2010, 09:27:27 AM
i'm sorry!

that is shit

did you release a test version, beta version...?

if not it's even more shit

i actually released several beta versions, check out m2k2, i think there still on there, under smx: investigation, but i re-started many times, because i wasnt happy with the way things planned out.

i hope that answers your question

X-tradyte

WOW!!  :sad: Man Thats A Low Blow, But I'm Sure You Can Do It Again.
It Takes Time But You Can Do It, Do You Have Any PNG's Left Of Your Rooms?

Daltone

Shiite, I played the demo of smx: investigation and really enjoyed it, that was awhile back though on m2k2.
Sorry to hear about the data loss, I don't want to sound mean but why didn't you e-mail yourself some backups.
Don't give up, You had some wicked stuff in smx: investigation.

X-tradyte

I Agree With Daltone!  You Had Da Sh*t On That Game Man! We All Know YOU CAN DO IT!! You Got Supports By Me Dude!  :wink:

MetroidMst

Genreally speaking, I tend to send myself a patch in my email every month just so I have a pretty updated version just in case something like this happens to occur.

Reaper901

well i have decided to carry on anyways, but it will be some considerable time before i get anywhere near where i was, mainly due to the fact that i have a lot less time then i used to, but never the less i will be continuing, i may download my old betas to get my mind back into the plot and where im going with it, cheers 4 the support guys, expect a new topic sometime in the future, with a 'hopefully' kick-ass demo and pics ect.

and as for the e-mail idea, seems like a damn good idea.

well back to work!

peace out peeps!

X-tradyte

Best of Luck Reaper!  :^_^:

Quietus

I did post a message on m2k2 as well, but you have one .ips attached to your first post in your topic there.  It's gotta be better than nothing. :^_^:

X-tradyte

Yeah. That's Where I Got SMX: Investigation, It Should Still Be There. It Would Have All Your Data On It.You'd Just Need To Start From Where You Left Off On The Demo/Beta Version.

gunnargumpert

i maybe can help you a bit. if you want it, you also count on me.

don't stop working dude!  :wink:

X-tradyte

Same As Reaper, I'm Doing Some Serious Hacking. My Mom's Coming Down Within 2-3 Days So, I'm Getting As Much As Possible Done.